Add a "next" and "previous" thread link [Deleted]

Rigel Kentaurus

I noticed that this pushes the thread down. Can you make it so that the links are positioned to the left of Thread Tools so that it doesn't push the first post further down the page?

In one of my forum nodes I've found a bug. Sometimes it seems to jump over some topics an link to a more ore less random topic in the same forum. In my case this topic was form 3 to 5 topics over or below the topic I was looking at.

In one of my forum nodes I've found a bug. Sometimes it seems to jump over some topics an link to a more ore less random topic in the same forum. In my case this topic was form 3 to 5 topics over or below the topic I was looking at.
A couple of reasons why this could happen ...
  • The topic order changed since you loaded the thread
  • Sticky threads are not included in the rotation
Other than that, a link where this is happening would be awesome :)

where are the settings i mean. also, how can i move them to a different location on the page? which hook is it?

yourdomain/admin.php?options/list/performance#_xfa_previous_next_mode

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your other question.

where are the settings i mean. also, how can i move them to a different location on the page? which hook is it?
You can't move it to a different location on the page without code modifications.
Feel free to modify anything in the code, though, you could be changing the Template/Hook.php file to change the hook that is used

Good add-on :), Rigel is there anyway of limiting this to one certain node by chance? Anyway of hard-coding it in :)

Good add-on :), Rigel is there anyway of limiting this to one certain node by chance? Anyway of hard-coding it in :)
I made this really-really simple, kind of a 1-hour in the evening kind of thing.
You would need to edit the code, so the template hook is only engaged if the forum_id or node_id is a certain number

I made this really-really simple, kind of a 1-hour in the evening kind of thing.
You would need to edit the code, so the template hook is only engaged if the forum_id or node_id is a certain number
It would be good if we could select the nodes from the admincp, also if we want it to appear above, below or both on the page; seeing next & previous before you even see the post you've clicked on might annoy users.

I don't know what BigS means when he's written: 'This plug in has a terrible query that hits the entire thread table.'?

Top Bottom