AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock]

AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] [Paid] v2.0.5

No permission to buy ($15.00)
I have disabled this addon, hopefully temporarily
Just wanted to say publicly that this problem was sorted via conversations thanks to WuTime who didn't give up even though I said "don't worry about it"

I have a dedicated server and the configuration was perhaps not exactly standard as stuff is only updated as needed but once he had access to it he was like a dog with a bone to get it sorted, which he did. Top support, highly recommended.

Thanks

Possible Bug in v2.0.3 - When I place my site in development mode the adblock notice appears on every page beneath the footer. This is viewable for everyone, even with development mode limited to my ip address. Then when development mode is turned off the notice still appears beneath the footer and the only way I found to get it to go away was to reinstall/rebuild the add-on.

sample.jpg

I found the issue when adding this to config.php:
PHP:
if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == 'xx.xx.xx.xx'){
  $config['development']['enabled'] = true;
}

Edit: User Error, No Bug.

Last edited:
Bug in v2.0.3 - When I place my site in development mode the adblock notice appears on every page beneath the footer. This is viewable for everyone, even with development mode limited to my ip address. Then when development mode is turned off the notice still appears beneath the footer and the only way I found to get it to go away was to reinstall/rebuild the add-on.

That is so bizarre. I run in development mode for testing and, well, development, without any issue. Hrmm. I'd almost have to see it to believe it. I'm not quite sure how to go about troubleshooting this when I can't reproduce the issue. Sounds like it could be something to do with your theme/javascript setup, and the fact that i removed the non "min.js" files from the /js/wutime_adblock/ folder.

Could you do me a favour, could you copy and paste the files in /js/wutime_adblock/ so that both *.min.js and *.js files exist.

Should look like:

/js/wutime_adblock/ads.min.js
/js/wutime_adblock/ads.js
/js/wutime_adblock/wutime_detect.min.js
/js/wutime_adblock/wutime_detect.js

Actually, in hindsight, I think they may also need to be in:

\src\addons\Wutime\AdBlock\_files\js\wutime_adblock\*

That is so bizarre. I run in development mode for testing and, well, development, without any issue. Hrmm. I'd almost have to see it to believe it. I'm not quite sure how to go about troubleshooting this when I can't reproduce the issue. Sounds like it could be something to do with your theme/javascript setup, and the fact that i removed the non "min.js" files from the /js/wutime_adblock/ folder.

Could you do me a favour, could you copy and paste the files in /js/wutime_adblock/ so that both *.min.js and *.js files exist.

Should look like:

/js/wutime_adblock/ads.min.js
/js/wutime_adblock/ads.js
/js/wutime_adblock/wutime_detect.min.js
/js/wutime_adblock/wutime_detect.js

These appear to already exist there.

files1.jpg

Actually, in hindsight, I think they may also need to be in:

\src\addons\Wutime\AdBlock\_files\js\wutime_adblock\*

I don't have a "_files" folder.

files2.jpg

Also I'm not running any theme on this site.

Oh right.

The non min.js files are left-overs from previous releases... can you delete them and copy and paste the min.js to rename them to the two you just deleted.

So to reiterate, delete the NON min.js files and copy the two min.js files so they exist as non-min.js

The problem in development mode is that Xenforo doesn't use the min.js files, it looks for non-min.js files (which don't actually exist anymore in the newest releases.....

Okay nevermind, this is getting way too confusing. Let me send you an update by private conversation to save confusion and your time :)

If you edited anything in the addon while in development mode, there is now a src/addons/Wutime/MYADDON/_output folder on your server. Delete that folder! It is a dangerous folder to have on a live site and could cause problems in the long run. Especially if it contains old data. It's basically used to override what is in the _data folder for addons.

If you edited anything in the addon while in development mode, there is now a src/addons/Wutime/MYADDON/_output folder on your server. Delete that folder! It is a dangerous folder to have on a live site and could cause problems in the long run. Especially if it contains old data. It's basically used to override what is in the _data folder for addons.

Thanks for the insight. That appears to be exactly what was happening.

That _output sub-directory did exist in my add-on directory. I believe I edited a template associated with this add-on when in development mode a couple months back (I would assume August 1, 2019 since that was the _output sub-directory date). All was working fine with the add-on until I went back into development mode yesterday and that old modified template popped back up in the page code even though it no longer existed or was accessible in the admincp.

When I uninstalled the add-on and manually removed the add-on main directory and re-installed all was back to normal. I have a feeling if I would've just removed the _output sub-directory it would have worked to. Thanks again for the insight.

@Wutime Sorry for taking your time looking into this. It was my administrating error and nothing to do with the add-on itself. Thanks for the great support.

Wutime updated AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] with a new update entry:

v2.0.4

This is a non-urgent or required update.
  • This version adds back the original non-minified javascript files
    • This files are rarely used, but may be required in development mode or when minification is disabled along with automatic javascript generation
For most users, this update provides zero benefit. However, moving forward this build and all future builds will leave non-minified javascript files for broader support.

Read the rest of this update entry...

anti-AdBlock Detection - Recoup lost revenue by forcing visitors to disable their adblocker

Have you considered the ability to limit some access if adblock enabled? For example, inability to view or upload images if using adblock ==== Existing images could be replaced with a message that says "Please disable adblocker to view images"

Have you considered the ability to limit some access if adblock enabled? For example, inability to view or upload images if using adblock ==== Existing images could be replaced with a message that says "Please disable adblocker to view images"

This can be done with AdBlock Detected - you can move people to a new usergroup in XF and create XF notices if you need to relay any information to people put in this new usergroup.

This can be done with AdBlock Detected - you can move people to a new usergroup in XF and create XF notices if you need to relay any information to people put in this new usergroup.

and if they turn off their adblock detector they are moved out of that usergroup? What if the member is in several usergroups? I have to have duplicates of all usergroups?

Xenforo usergroups are pretty powerful; you shouldn't have to be duplicating usergroups, one should suffice.

Users are moved to and from your specified "AdBlocker" usergroup. If a user is in the usergroup "AdBlocker" you can then remove permissions and display notices specific to the "AdBlocker" usergroup. Yes, they're removed "in time" from this usergroup at a rate specified in the options.

If you have more questions can you post in the appropriate thread; I don't want to mislead/confuse people between the two addons.

@Wutime Found a small bug.

Just made a new admin with only one non-related log permission.
That user can still see the Adblock Tracker log.

The log is associated with another of his add-ons: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/adblock-detected-tracker-statistics.7530/

There are currently no permission settings available for the log viewing with that add-on. It is designed to be viewable by anyone with access to the admin control panel. You need need to make a request to add a permissions feature.

To be honest, it never crossed my mind that an owner wouldn't want all admins to view it. Did I err?

Not a wrong assumption.

I've got a custom game where I asked a normal user to manage so I only want him to see the backend of that game only. Not really an admin...

Does this add-on automatically put users into Discourage mode? We have it set to put them in an AdBlocker group, does that mean Dis courage too?

Top Bottom