AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock]

AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] [Paid] v2.0.5

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Wutime updated AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] with a new update entry:

v1.9.8 Alpha 2 - Numerous performance improvements

• Significant performance boosts using template_pre_render plus hint (render performance improvement)
  • Removed overlay code if notice is select (page load improvement)
  • Updated and altered notice rendering and moved inline styles to style sheet (page load improvement)
  • New styles wutime_adblock_styles.less contains all CSS
  • Refactored parts of notice rendering (when overlay is disabled)
  • Introduction to automatic easy list integration (currently in development)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wutime updated AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] with a new update entry:

v2.0.0

• Features automatic list download every cron run
  • Randomly selects an updated JavaScript item from the currently available easy list
  • Allows forum owner to select a list from their home country/location if preferred
  • Features all previous Alpha updates
  • Features fallback naming if the list cannot be downloaded or there's no available items (or the forum owner made a mistake entering their list URL)

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Wutime I have a good shared hosting (not VPS), as per the changelog i can see it it downloads some list on every cron run, randomizes javascript etc etc.
So, will this make websites slow running on shared hosting ? (Though I have all higher than recommended xenforo requirement specs with OPCache enabled, PHP 7.4 etc) .

It's one download per 6 hours - shouldn't slow anything down except possibly that one page request every 6 hours.

There isn't a tony of information on XF Cron but if you're concerned you can switch to Unix Cron using this plugin: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cli-job-runner.6478/

Be sure to read all the way through, you have more steps than just enabling the above add-on.

I'll put the above under related resources in case anyone else is interested.

Since installing 2.0.0 my users are saying they see the AdBlock message even if they have AdBlocker disabled. I actually installed AdBlock Plus on Internet Explorer since that is a browser I no longer use and they are right. I see the AdBlock message whether I have the Blocker disabled or not.

One poster says he sees the message even though he doesn't even have an AdBlocker installed!

@Wutime ,
regarding Steves comment, is this add-on now also detecting the do not track settings of a browser? (Which would be very welcomed)

Since installing 2.0.0 my users are saying they see the AdBlock message even if they have AdBlocker disabled. I actually installed AdBlock Plus on Internet Explorer since that is a browser I no longer use and they are right. I see the AdBlock message whether I have the Blocker disabled or not.

One poster says he sees the message even though he doesn't even have an AdBlocker installed!

I'm not seeing this myself, which doesn't mean it isn't happening - but I would try reinstalling/rebuilding the latest version and see if that fixes your issue while you wait for the author to respond.

I have re-installed 2.0.0 and still see the same problem. Went to the forum with IE as a guest and AdBlock disabled and saw the disable adblock message.

The only server error I see on install is:
  • ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: wutime_adblock_recent_easylist
  • src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php:165
Where it says in the Admin options:

"Any usergroups selected here will be never be shown the anti-AdBlock.
You can also leave this blank and edit each usergroup individually
Example: Registered User (click link and scroll down to [Wutime] AdBlock Detection)"

There is no [Wutime] AdBlock Detection) option in any of the user groups. I am using Core theme from Pixel Exit. The addon ran fine before I updated to 2.0.0 (was running 1.9.7 before)

Thanks

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: wutime_adblock_recent_easylist
  • src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php:165

This error, it only happened during install correct? Once cleared, didn't return? I assume this is the case. This can happen during install if you have a busy forum (anyone visiting during install).

Assuming the above is true, did you try a complete uninstall and then install and setup?

Or, feel free to start a conversation with me and maybe we can troubleshoot together. Might be easier if we're online at the same time.

This error, it only happened during install correct? Once cleared, didn't return? I assume this is the case. This can happen during install if you have a busy forum (anyone visiting during install).

Assuming the above is true, did you try a complete uninstall and then install and setup?

Or, feel free to start a conversation with me and maybe we can troubleshoot together. Might be easier if we're online at the same time.
Yes I'm getting that error each time I uninstall and then install again. It doesn't appear as an error when installing so I don't clear it, I'm getting the error from the server error log.

I've even tried disabling the forum during the install but still get the same error in the log. It only appears once.

Will try and catch you online... Cheers

Top Bottom