AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics

AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics [Paid] v1.4.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Can this be used to see how many members are using adblockers and then make decisions about what sort of messages, etc appear from there?

@Stuart Wright thanks for taking the time to post and for the recommendation. I missed your post earlier.

It's a good suggestion and I'll see about making that update. Might take a bit of thinking through but I don't see why it can't be added. Most users like to keep it somewhat "down low", but as an option, it makes good sense.
Possible to get an update on this? We have members regularly asking why they are still flagged well after whitelisting the site in adblock plus.

Possible to get an update on this? We have members regularly asking why they are still flagged well after whitelisting the site in adblock plus.
Please bare with me, I'm about a month behind on all sorts of updates for a variety of inconvenient life issues. Fortunately nothing health related but it's been a whirlwind past 4-6 weeks.

I'm finally settled as of today with a working desktop and space to live. Now comes the long road of getting my site update and then working on updates to each of these plugins. I'll try to prioritize this add-on and another popular one.

Cheers and thank you for your patience!

@Wutime Will this detect people using browsers like duckduckgo? Asking as the anti adblock doesn't appear to (no disrespect to your other plugin I realise it might be difficult to catch people on special browsers that have been designed purely to block things).

Please bare with me, I'm about a month behind on all sorts of updates for a variety of inconvenient life issues. Fortunately nothing health related but it's been a whirlwind past 4-6 weeks.

I'm finally settled as of today with a working desktop and space to live. Now comes the long road of getting my site update and then working on updates to each of these plugins. I'll try to prioritize this add-on and another popular one.

Cheers and thank you for your patience!
How are you doing?
It's still an issue that our members don't know how many ad-enabled pages they need to load before their ad blocker flag is cleared.

I bought it but I can't get it to work for me

The tracker and detection work perfectly
I use another browser and turn on adblock and it detects me
I created another usergroup and set the permissions
It adds the account to the group but it adds to a secondary group which does not apply the correct permissions

I guess my question is, How do I force it to set it as the primary usergroup so the reduced permissions will work?

I've disabled both this and the adblocker detection addons for the moment. They work sort-of, users were having problems with getting themselves out of "blocker" status, something is broken regarding the automation that returns the user to normal status.

I may re-enable the adblock detection in a couple days after things settle. Looking forward to a fix.

Hi @Wutime, just a note to say that we recently added new web servers which changed the location of our site on the server.
We then started getting server errors from either this or the other adblock addon because the location is written in to the database on install (I'm assuming).
This might not be the best idea as it will break if people make changes to their server configurations so that their website is relocated.

Top Bottom