AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics

AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics [Paid] v1.4.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Wutime

Wutime submitted a new resource:

AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics - Silently track users that AdBlock and move them to a designated role - promote paid membership.

AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics silently tracks users that use AdBlock.

Use the power of Xenforo usergroups to deal with AdBlocker’s in a way that works best for your community.

Benefits:
  • Quietly identify users blocking advertisements
  • Review statistics and charts to see the frequency of AdBlocking within your community
  • Designate a specific usergroup for AdBlockers within Xenforo usergroup system
  • Promote paid membership to AdBlockers
    • Remove benefits...

Read more about this resource...

Request: Add ability to also track site users who are not logged in (possibly by IP). This way we can have some complete statistics on who is and who isn't running ad-blocks on our sites. It would be nice to see actual numbers and percentages for this.

You also might want to change all references to "roll(s)" to "User group(s)" it can be confusing.

Bug(s): In tracker log "Previous status" column does not appear to populate. "Status" column appears unused. "Recent Status" appears to update as expected. Not sure if you meant to go from using a single "status" column to a recent/previous setup or the other way around but it appears it didn't quite get finished up in the coding.

The column names for "Status", "Recent Status" and "Previous Status" are confusing when looking at what they actually represent.

It appears "Status" and "Previous Status" have do to with user group changes and "Recent Status" has nothing to do with user groups but just displays whether adblock was on or not for the last page load. Maybe changing "Status" to "Current User Group" and "Previous Status" to "Previous User Group" would be better.

Those were just a couple ideas and impressions after initially testing it out. I think this add-on will be useful.

Request: Add ability to also track site users who are not logged in (possibly by IP). This way we can have some complete statistics on who is and who isn't running ad-blocks on our sites. It would be nice to see actual numbers and percentages for this.

Yeah, I'll get that added in then, I thought the same thing. I'll get something tracking guests in soon, getting it down to IP will take a little more time because it's all based on UserID at the moment.

You also might want to change all references to "roll(s)" to "User group(s)" it can be confusing.

Good point, thanks, will do.

The column names for "Status", "Recent Status" and "Previous Status" are confusing when looking at what they actually represent.

I completely agree it's confusing. I like your suggestions for "Previous Usergroup" and "Current Usergroup". I'll update to your suggestions in the next release.

1. does this give me overall statistics, breaking down even to unregistered visitors?
2. is the related add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/adblock-detection-anti-adblock.7175/ only related or a requirement? AdBlock detection is donw in my forums via other add-ons.

1. No, currently it's just for registered users but I'll add in globally tracking unregistered users soon and moving forward, plan to add in an option to track by IP. Maybe dropping any IP's older than 90 or 180 days.
2. No, not required, they do two different things, just related because they're both anti-adblock'ish systems.

Wutime updated AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics with a new update entry:

v1.0.8 - Language updates and additional columns

• Updated language to be less confusing
    • Changed "roles" to "usergroups" in numerous places
    • Changed Previous Status to "Previous Usergroup"
    • Changed "Current Status" to "Current Usergroup"
  • Added two new columns to the log display:
    • Usergroup Swaps (the number of times a user has been moved/swapped)
    • Usergroup assigned (the date of the most recent swap)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would it be possible to add a User Criteria conditional to Xenforo "Notices" for both logged in and guest users?

I'd like to be able to display a native Xenforo notice to ad-blocking users to promote a subscription. I've seen your other add-on has a custom notice, but it doesn't appear to be dismissible?

Would it be possible to add a User Criteria conditional to Xenforo "Notices" for both logged in and guest users?

I'd like to be able to display a native Xenforo notice to ad-blocking users to promote a subscription. I've seen your other add-on has a custom notice, but it doesn't appear to be dismissible?

This is all available natively in Xenforo.

You can create a new usergroup for "Adblock". Then, in Notices, you can specify a notice that is only shown to "Adblock" usergroup that recommends or suggests they upgrade. Then, when you create that notice, you can specify that it's dismissable or not.

You can also set the notice to be shown to whatever usergroups you want, including non-registered.

Last edited:
This is all available naively in Xenforo.

You can create a new usergroup for "Adblock". Then, in Notices, you can specify a notice that is only shown to "Adblock" usergroup that recommends or suggests they upgrade. Then, when you create that notice, you can specify that it's dismissable or not.

You can also set the notice to be shown to whatever usergroups you want, including non-registered.

But I don't think you can combine the two. An un-registered/non-logged-in user won't be promoted to the Adblock user group.

But I don't think you can combine the two. An un-registered/non-logged-in user won't be promoted to the Adblock user group.

If you want to target non registered users you should use an anti-adblock system.

v1.2 - Numerous improvements and language updates

• added unregistered global tracking
  • removed unneeded code to streamline
  • changed default order detected list stats to "Recent Status" and "ASC"
  • changed default chart to unregistered users
  • added role assigned date to order by options
  • added role swaps to order by options
  • increased detected list to 20 items per page
  • defaulted chart to recent status (it has information immediately after install on busy forums)
  • fixed language for chart buttons and titles on chart...

Thanks for this add-on it's nice to finally be able to track what percentage of my site visitors are using an ad-blocker.

Using this add-on in combination with your AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] has given me these results.

Currently using Ad-blockers:
1.6% of member page views (99/6035)
6.8% of guest page views (505/6879)

These are very early numbers (only about 4 hours of stats), but with those numbers I would say the anti-adblock is either working well, or not as many people block ads as I thought - either way at least now I can see the numbers to be sure. I've been running an anti-adblock for months, this new detector for just a few hours.

I would be interested to see how other XenForo sites compare, especially those who have never run an anti-adblock and do run ads.

4.1% of registered users adblocking
as for guests, it's less than 1% which leads me to believe ...

Yeah, I think guests aren't tracking properly... I'll look into it more carefully tomorrow.

v1.2.2 - Fixed guest tracking + other updates

• Added clear log for guest entries (can be used to reset guest statistics)
  • Fixed bug with guest tracking (previously subsequent blocks were incorrectly determined to be Clear)
  • Updated some language in spots
  • Added <script type="text/javascript"> for <script>
Note, this upgrade will delete all guest entries and start again from 0. The previous version was NOT tracking detects properly so the old data is erroneous/useless, thus it's flushed.

Top Bottom