AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics

AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics [Paid] v1.4.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
I think I follow what you're saying. I'll check into it. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Trying to gauge what other users of this addon do to the ad block members on their forums? I'm thinking of sending the group a reminder via notice to support the site. Any other nifty things users have done with the naughty adblock members?

The problem with your thought, if I'm reading it correctly, is that "guests" cannot have usergroups in Xenforo. The only usergroup associated to a guest visitor is the "Unregistered" usergroup.

Absolutely. Sorry, I never explained myself very well.

Perhaps in the future we'll see a plugin that allows usergroups to be limited.

Just trying to think of ways that does this really;

Trying to gauge what other users of this addon do to the ad block members on their forums? I'm thinking of sending the group a reminder via notice to support the site. Any other nifty things users have done with the naughty adblock members?

Purchased/installed and working a dream thank you @Wutime - will leave a review shortly.

Hi @Wutime, here is a great idea my lead admin has had.
Because it's easy for members to turn adblocking off to access limited features and then back on when they are done, could we make the Successive non-detections to remove usergroup number equal to the number (or a multiple of the number) of usergroup swaps a member has had?
In other words if they have 33 swaps, it takes 33 page loads to remove the usergroup? Or 17 if the multiple is .5.
Would probably be fairer to keep a separate count of the number of times the member has been detected blocking and make it that number. So we could clear it for people with high numbers already on application. One guy has 33.

Stopped them from using competitions and classifieds. Reduced their PM inbox size. Changed their title to just Member (so they don't have a rank like other members), disallow user name changes.

Last edited:
Because it's easy for members to turn adblocking off to access limited features and then back on when they are done, could we make the Successive non-detections to remove usergroup number equal to the number (or a multiple of the number) of usergroup swaps a member has had?
In other words if they have 33 swaps, it takes 33 page loads to remove the usergroup? Or 17 if the multiple is .5.
Would probably be fairer to keep a separate count of the number of times the member has been detected blocking and make it that number. So we could clear it for people with high numbers already on application. One guy has 33.

Stopped them from using competitions and classifieds. Reduced their PM inbox size. Changed their title to just Member (so they don't have a rank like other members), disallow user name changes.

Can I please ask how you communciate that?

So a member with adblock enabled, who attempts to visit your competitions and classifieds forum, is it obvious the reason they've been denied access is due to the use of adblock?

Good idea; I'll look into to making this update.

Looks like a limited use thing - this feels like an advertisement :)

Not sure how much basic end-users are:
Code:
Pi-hole is a type of software that users can install on Linux servers or Raspberry Pi boards.

... any users installing/using this are already far enough advanced to sort through getting past an adblocker

Looks like a limited use thing - this feels like an advertisement :)

Not sure how much basic end-users are:
Code:
Pi-hole is a type of software that users can install on Linux servers or Raspberry Pi boards.

... any users installing/using this are already far enough advanced to sort through getting past an adblocker
I agree... as a new user of this excellent ad-on it so far worked on various AdBlockers, Brave browser etc.
the pi-hole doesn't get detected on other sites that detect AdBlockers neither and you are right by saying its a niche market that uses it. Not a deal breaker...however I couldn't contain myself to point it out.

Made a copy of the production server to a test server (files and DB copied, changed relevant stuff like urls).
This addon gives me an error now. A popup comes up:
"OOPS! We ran into some problems."

Console gives some hints:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found): https://testdomain.com/wutime-adblocktracker/1/0

The directory /wutime-adblocktracker/1/0 doesn't exist in the root...

Any idea?

Made a copy of the production server to a test server (files and DB copied, changed relevant stuff like urls).
This addon gives me an error now. A popup comes up:
"OOPS! We ran into some problems."

Console gives some hints:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found): https://testdomain.com/wutime-adblocktracker/1/0

The directory /wutime-adblocktracker/1/0 doesn't exist in the root...

Any idea?

I ran into this too, but didn’t figure it out. Are you sure it’s a 404 and not a 400?

it happened to me for guests.

my best guess was it was due to security token issue for the Ajax submit.

arn

@Wutime this addon is working really well.
However, there is some confusion from users about how many times they need to load ad-free pages before their flag gets cleared. Can we show that somewhere? Is it the number available to all pages?

Another suggestion. Sometimes users are confused about how they have been flagged as an adblocker.
If it were possible to tell them which browser they were using when they last got flagged, that would be useful.
I'm thinking that maybe the best solution would be to show a complete history of changes for a user. Each change on a row showing the date, time and browser.
But I'm aware that would be a chunk of work.
Cheers.

Top Bottom