[TH] Monetize Pro with DFP & Affiliate Link support [Deleted]

The failure of DFP is keyword targeting. It appears your product does this with both first-post and thread-title contextual. These are two features I've been seeking for years (as have many of my advertisers, particularly the smaller contracts as they try to get the best value per impression). I've yet to find anyone to accurately pass this data back into DFP.
Maybe there is something in their code here that would help us customize it into DFP?

I believe so Mike... as it is a huge issue, especially having multiple banners in a single slot that rotate per page load. Browser caching kills that feature without cache busting.

I've added an option to throw the timestamp on the end of image URLs. This will, of course, only work with image advertisements.

@Mike Creuzer - User Groups isn't sticking as well...
That's because that is part of user criteria. This has been fixed and there will be a release out shortly.

@Mike Creuzer I've installed new update and can confirm user criteria is now working!

It seems ad monetize is ignoring xenforo conditionals when I create an ad for adsense using the following code:

Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('message_page', 'error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'search_results', 'register_form', 'register_facebook', 'register_twitter', 'register_google', 'login', 'error_with_login', 'contact'))">

ADSENSE CODE

</xen:if>

The adsense portion continues to work, however it continues to display even on the register page, etc.

Hi there,

You don't insert the template conditionals into the actual code box. Instead you would have to use the 'template conditionals' tab.

In the first box put '$contentTemplate' (without the quotes) then in the second box select 'NOT IN' and in the last one put:
Code:
message_page,error,search_form,search_form_post,search_form_profile_post,search_results,register_facebook,register_twitter,register_google,login,error_with_login,contact

Yeah, I downloaded and installed the patched version and the User Criteria sticks now.

HOWEVER it doesn't really do anything for me. The checkboxes stick, but the ad STILL displays on a mobile device even when mobile is turned off.

And some of the ads that have Mobile turned off, still show the mobile icon in the list view of the Ads.

@Mike Creuzer
@JakeB

HOWEVER it doesn't really do anything for me. The checkboxes stick, but the ad STILL displays on a mobile device even when mobile is turned off.
Yup I see what you mean. The options are staying in place but the banners pay no attention to the settings.

I've setup a banner in my header zone and selected to only show on desktop format, but the ad always shows regardless how I resize the window.

@Jake B. @Mike Creuzer - any luck? I had to install the old Ad Monetize Lite and my revenue shot back up after being down over 34% over the weekend.

I had replied to your ticket. Didn't notice you asked here as well. I tested it out and cannot replicate the issue. Only thing I can think of is checking that you have "render with js" turned on. What type of ad is this?

Hi Mike,

Is this an update to the version we purchased a few months ago?

Also, I am trying to use a swf file a client sent us. So far I'm able to make it show, but unable to link the banner. Here is what I have:

Code:
<div style="height:90px;"><a href="http://www.audioimperia.com">
<object width="728" height="90"><param name="movie" value="http://www.vi-control.net/audioimperia728x90px.swf"><param name="scale" value="showAll">
<embed src="http://www.vi-control.net/audioimperia728x90px.swf" width="728" height="90"></embed></object></a></div>

Do you have any suggestion?

Regards,

Andre

This looks awesome, adding it to my wish list, hope to buy soon. Few questions,
love that your adding credits support.

Any plans to add a mobile advertising type? Also does this support external advertising management, aka publishing ads from advertisers on site on their external pages to further maximize use of adspace while using this system as a controller.
aka Creating your own Advertising & Publishing network via your site?

Deeper Thoughts:
Any plans to make a referral or affiliate system that can also tie into the ad system here?
Example: Text Add, bottom right small link saying ads powered / sponsored by "sitename", then have referral link with in that link, say if you added some type of external publishing link with advertisers on your site persay. Again just thinking out loud.

Is everyone's Pro version working as expected with no decrease in revenue and no bugs? :) I want to know before I re-enable the addon. Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Is this an update to the version we purchased a few months ago?

Also, I am trying to use a swf file a client sent us. So far I'm able to make it show, but unable to link the banner. Here is what I have:

Code:
<div style="height:90px;"><a href="http://www.audioimperia.com">
<object width="728" height="90"><param name="movie" value="http://www.vi-control.net/audioimperia728x90px.swf"><param name="scale" value="showAll">
<embed src="http://www.vi-control.net/audioimperia728x90px.swf" width="728" height="90"></embed></object></a></div>

Do you have any suggestion?

Regards,

Andre

Hi there, no this is not an update of the same add-on, its a new add-on that does what the old one did and some new fundamental changes. We rewrote it from the ground up.

And I just tested that code at jsfiddle.net, played with it a bit and no matter what I tried I could not get it to display. It might not be web ready or being blocked by my browser, but I dont know how.

Any plans to add a mobile advertising type?

What specifically? This add-on does support ajax requests for actual requests of banners at any viewport size for accurately displaying banners and keeping impressions accurate.

Also does this support external advertising management, aka publishing ads from advertisers on site on their external pages to further maximize use of adspace while using this system as a controller.
aka Creating your own Advertising & Publishing network via your site?

It does not allow you to do this, but it could be built. Its something I know some have asked for.

Any plans to make a referral or affiliate system that can also tie into the ad system here?

It would be possible of course.

Does this add-on support bitcoin as a payment option, yet?

No it does not, but it supports paygates. So if anyone builds anything to work with bitcoin with paygates, itll work here. We too can develop that add-on for paygates and then it could work for this add-on as well, we offer custom development solutions.

I believe so Mike... as it is a huge issue, especially having multiple banners in a single slot that rotate per page load. Browser caching kills that feature without cache busting.

We added this in the last release, Anthony. If I understand you correctly as to what you are wanting, there is a setting now so that you can force all images to be forced to be redownloaded, and therefore not cached.

Is there additional cost for branding free after i purchase the product?

Dont understand slapping urls for a product you paid for

Is there additional cost for branding free after i purchase the product?

Dont understand slapping urls for a product you paid for

Think of it this way... they're selling you the product at a discount to keep their branding on the product to help offset their costs of research and development through indirect advertising with their branding. If you prefer to have their branding removed, you forego the discount and pay the premium price.

It's a pity that there isn't a free trial version with limitations in the number of ads. I really can't make up from the screens and demo to know if this could help to simplify our complex ad setup. For example I want to show an AdSense banner to guests, and a sponsor-ad to logged in members on the same location. Also need very specific options to show different banners in different forum ids (each sponsor has their own sub-forum for showing their banner). Currently using DFP but having problems with it (1 banner shows, second one is blank). Can this add-on work without the use of DFP?

Last edited:
It's a pity that there isn't a free trial version with limitations in the number of ads.

There is no way we could do this. Any limitations could be easily disabled by the removal of a single line.

For example I want to show an AdSense banner to guests, and a sponsor-ad to logged in members on the same location.

This is possible

Also need very specific options to show different banners in different forum ids

This is possible too.

Can this add-on work without the use of DFP?

Yes it can :)

Top Bottom