XF 2.2 ACP > Content > Attachment browser - not showing thumbnails

VBX Co

Active member
Anyone else got this problem? Thumbnails show for the "Largest" attachments, but not most recent:

1651264035362.png

Hover shows a broken link icon:

1651264125121.png

However, when we check the link URL it appears to correctly refer to the attachment, and indeed shows the image when you click the thumbnail placeholder or filename link.

We wouldn't expect any add-ons to interfere with this, but we're not sure, so any advice appreciated.

Screenshot of Largest attachments where images show as expected:

1651264415196.png
 
Solution
We think this is the result of moving the cron trigger to the server and an add-on we installed to compress image files on our server.

The add-on was installed to help reduce the file size of images/thumbnails on our server. There are 1+million so to speed up the process we switched from running cron jobs by the default trigger method to using crontab on the server every minute. It seems that because cron runs as user root, the resulting compressed image files are written back to the site directory as user:group root - and not the web user. :rolleyes:

# chown -R to the rescue - images visible again. :)

We've also moved the cron job to a separate crontab running under the web user:

# crontab -u...

VBX Co

Active member
We think this is the result of moving the cron trigger to the server and an add-on we installed to compress image files on our server.

The add-on was installed to help reduce the file size of images/thumbnails on our server. There are 1+million so to speed up the process we switched from running cron jobs by the default trigger method to using crontab on the server every minute. It seems that because cron runs as user root, the resulting compressed image files are written back to the site directory as user:group root - and not the web user. :rolleyes:

# chown -R to the rescue - images visible again. :)

We've also moved the cron job to a separate crontab running under the web user:

# crontab -u username -e
 
Last edited:
Solution
Top