[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
You need to be in developer mode to create widgets.

I probably won't be making any new tag cloud widgets anytime soon. The existing tag cloud widget is based on Flash; which is quickly becoming obsolete. Other tag clouds I have seen are based on silverlight or java... and I won't be programming for those either.

Attached are two new XenForo Resource Manager widgets:
View attachment 117956
View attachment 117957

The "Featured Resources" widget is designed based on the default XenForo skin, it may not look right on other skins and may require you to do some CSS changes to get it to look how you wish.

I understand. What about just some kind of tag list, similar to the other widgets? Listing the most popular tags in a list. No biggie though, just thought I'd check if u had any plans about it.

Great! :) The sidebar version looks good on my skin, the other one has some iffy issues on Fusion Gamer, but hopefully @Russ can help me with that :)

The title of the resource is iffy, so is the widget titlebar (H3). I'd like the widget titlebar to look the same as the XF Media Gallery h3 title bar.
bug.webp

I have a snippet in EXTRA.css to fix the media widget h3 widget title bar:
Code:
.widget_XenForoMediaGallery .secondaryContent .titleStrip h3 {
background: rgb(37, 69, 185) url("@imagePath/xenforo/images/gradient.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0;
padding: 10px;
height: auto;
}

Can I use something similar for the featured resource widget?

Last edited:
Great! :) The sidebar version looks good on my skin, the other one has some iffy issues on Fusion Gamer, but hopefully @Russ can help me with that :)
I don't think the issue really has anything to do with @Russ. It more has to do with the fact that the widget locations are pseudo-sidebar locations, and the featured resources block built into XFRM isn't designed to be placed into a sidebar.

The problem is XFRM (and by extension XFMG) don't really follow the themes and designs of the rest of XenForo.

We're trying to get XenPorta setup and working on a client's site, but it seems we aren't able to rearrange widgets on the Article List layout.

We have the category list at the top of the right sidebar here:
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-28%20at%202.32.25%20PM.png

But, when it displays it is at the top of the article list instead of in the sidebar:
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-28%20at%202.34.23%20PM.png

Also, if we move the widget down to 'disabled' it stays displaying at the top of the page.

We're trying to get XenPorta setup and working on a client's site, but it seems we aren't able to rearrange widgets on the Article List layout.

We have the category list at the top of the right sidebar here:
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-28%20at%202.32.25%20PM.png

But, when it displays it is at the top of the article list instead of in the sidebar:
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-28%20at%202.34.23%20PM.png

Also, if we move the widget down to 'disabled' it stays displaying at the top of the page.
You have a custom arrangement set up for the account you are logged into. Either disable the custom arrangement, or log out.

hello

I don’t understand the FAQ a lot I’m french

In Basic Board Information

In Index Page Route I remove forums/

actually my forum is at http://www.maxi-games.fr/forum/index.php

and the portal at http://www.maxi-games.fr/forum/index.php?articles/
I want the portal at http://(www.)maxi-games.fr/

But I don’t understand how
please help me I read the FAQ but it’s not easy Im french

the author tell me "Oh... well you need to use some sort of htaccess for that. Ask on the forums, lots of people have done it and would be willing to help you out."

thanks =)

Last edited:
Hi Jaxel

For a future version I would love the ability to quickly create a widget using a template instead of just raw html. Thanks (y)

----
I watched your FAQ video again and that gave me everything i needed.

Last edited:
I recently upgraded to the latest version of XenPorta (at the same time as upgrading to XF 1.5.1 and the latest version of XenRio, if that somehow makes a difference), and noticed an immediate performance hit with (often significantly) longer page load times. Looking through the various admin pages, I noticed that all of the widgets have the following line instead of options for controlling the cache:
Widget Cache This widget can not be cached as no getCachedData function has been defined.

Is this somehow by design, or has something changed on my end during the upgrade? And more to the point, what should I do to get the cache options back?

Hi

I dont see the reply fram in my forum..to si it i have to go to more options...

sdfgc.webp

sorry for my english

thanks!!

I recently upgraded to the latest version of XenPorta (at the same time as upgrading to XF 1.5.1 and the latest version of XenRio, if that somehow makes a difference), and noticed an immediate performance hit with (often significantly) longer page load times. Looking through the various admin pages, I noticed that all of the widgets have the following line instead of options for controlling the cache:

Is this somehow by design, or has something changed on my end during the upgrade? And more to the point, what should I do to get the cache options back?
Some widgets simply can not be cached because it goes against how the widget works. For instance, the facebook/twitter widgets have no cache, because there are no SQL queries for those widgets... no reason for a cache.

Then you have the users online widget, which is exactly the same as the users online widget built into XenForo... which doesn't have a cache, because then it can't process certain things specific to users... such as invisibility, see-invis, or friends lists.

XP2 is FAAAR more efficient on resources than XP1... as long as you don't use the auto-promote feature... which I have urged people many times in the past not to use. There is just no way to make such a feature code efficient.

I cant figure out how to use some widgets. whatever i try, i cant seem to enable the poll widget. I also dont know because i cant make it viewable how to add a poll to it, if it takes a random poll from the forum or how does it work?
User birthdays also won't show up.

I dont find it..where I see it?
disable addons one by one and see if anything gets fixed?

is there a compatible donation widget?
not included... but the advantage of a widget framework is anyone can make one.

I cant figure out how to use some widgets. whatever i try, i cant seem to enable the poll widget. I also dont know because i cant make it viewable how to add a poll to it, if it takes a random poll from the forum or how does it work?
User birthdays also won't show up.
Are you putting the widgets into your layouts?

Top Bottom