[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Why does this
upload_2015-5-14_2-21-37.webp

Hide the Slider?

and how can I sort categories and keep the Feature slider visible?

My bad, didn't realize you had to manually add the slider, beside enabling it in options

Last edited:
Is there anyway to just have the comments appear pretty much as normal posts rather than in a comment layout? I need to do my own styling for that I know but I was wondering if anyone had done anything like this and could share that style. They find it a little clunky and hard to read and I want to adjust it to make the comment layout a little cleaner

Hello and sorry for my stupid question but didn't found any answers : I have currently version 1.0.7 of XenPorta 2. I have downloaded version 1.1.0a.
How do I update ? Do I need to update to a 1.1.0 version and then add the 1.1.0a hotfix OR is it enough to just upload 1.1.0a files ?

Not sure if anyone is interested in this. My users were complaining that on an article they have to scroll through the whole article again to get to the comments on multiple comment pages (I thought it a bit of a silly complaint, but i get it if you are on mobile and have to scroll a lot.

I worked around this by adding the following to EWRporta2_ArticleView just under the part "EWRporta2_ajax.js"

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(function() {
        if(window.location.href.indexOf("page") > -1) {
              $(document).scrollTop( $("#commentsLocal").offset().top ); 
          }
    });
</script>

This will scroll you straight to the local comments whenever you go to any page besides the 1st page of comments.
You could replace the #commentsLocal with facebook or discuss anchor if you wanted to.

Dan

Hello and sorry for my stupid question but didn't found any answers : I have currently version 1.0.7 of XenPorta 2. I have downloaded version 1.1.0a.
How do I update ? Do I need to update to a 1.1.0 version and then add the 1.1.0a hotfix OR is it enough to just upload 1.1.0a files ?
From what I can see in the actual install.php it iterates through the install/upgrade for each version so you should be able to just upgrade directly to 1.1.0a as it will iterate the other changes. I need to do the same but I need to look at my custom changes first

From what I can see in the actual install.php it iterates through the install/upgrade for each version so you should be able to just upgrade directly to 1.1.0a as it will iterate the other changes
Thanks for your answer Dannymh. But what is suprising me it that there is no XML file in the downloaded package. This is why I'm surprised and don't know what to do o_Oo_Oo_O

I am not completely clear on what your trying to tell me. My Homepage or rather index page route is changed to articles/ in the Options>Basic Board Information, as per the FAQ. I installed XF in root/community.
Your spoiler #2 - the check box for "forum list" is not checked, so widgets will not appear on your homepage's sidebar.

Forum_list = generally Home page, where your subforums/nodes are listed.
Forum_view = an individual subforum (child of root).
article_list = shows the widgets in sidebar of an article page. If you don't have an article page then that check box you have checked doesn't apply to your situation. I'm not doing the whole list, I've hit the high points.
It sounds like you're having other issues but this is kinda crucial if you're wonder where your widgets are.

I am not completely clear on what your trying to tell me. My Homepage or rather index page route is changed to articles/ in the Options>Basic Board Information, as per the FAQ. I installed XF in root/community.
Ok, I had missed this part of your issue. My bad.

Last edited:
I noticed that when I'm changing some widgets in the ACP/layouts it takes a lot of time to see the effect on the site. For example: I removed the board stats from the sidebar, but i can still see this widget on the forums.

I also couldn't find out how I can create a single sidebar for the whole page. I enabled the Widget Framework everywhere, however, my created sidebar (in the default article list layout) is only visible in forum and page view :(

I noticed that when I'm changing some widgets in the ACP/layouts it takes a lot of time to see the effect on the site. For example: I removed the board stats from the sidebar, but i can still see this widget on the forums.

I also couldn't find out how I can create a single sidebar for the whole page. I enabled the Widget Framework everywhere, however, my created sidebar (in the default article list layout) is only visible in forum and page view :(
Changes are INSTANT... if you're not seeing the changes, maybe you've customized your portal layout using the "arrange article lists widget" option? That overwrites the changes.

There is no option to add a single layout for your ENTIRE website.

Where can I find/check this option?

I thought the "article list" is the fallback if no other layout is declared? I enabled the Framework on every page and it works excepting the node-view.
Its in the settings screen of your articles list...

The articles list is the fallback in only a few specific places. Not everywhere.

I have bought eh plugin, I got the zip for library files and what not and forgot the get addon.xml. I accidentally closed the page, any of getting back to that page?

I have bought eh plugin, I got the zip for library files and what not and forgot the get addon.xml. I accidentally closed the page, any of getting back to that page?
You only have to download one file... the INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS tell you where the XML file is.

Top Bottom