[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel

Having a frustrating issue. I DL'd [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) v1.1.0a, installed as per instructions. Changed "forums/" to "articles/" in the Basic Board Information section as per the faq and deleted home page url so I did not have two home tabs.

Then I went to Option Groups:[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO to Enable Widget Framwork as per the intro Video.

So this is what my sites homepage looks like "without" Article List checked or any widget framworks enabled:
hompagenormal.png

Now then when I check Article List as so:
xenporta_options.png

My Home Page goes completely blank nothing not a thing there:

homepageafter.png

I can not get Xenporta 2 to work for the life of me. When I enable Article List widget framwork it kills my home page and leaves it an empty white blank.

Please help me solve this issue I would really like to use the widget framwork.

Edit:

I sincerely need help the widget framework doesn't work.
What other addons do you have installed?

What other addons do you have installed?

Xenporta 2 is the only Addon-Installed at this point in time.

I am using Pixelexit Fusion Gamer Skin, but when I turn it off and go default its the same thing. Its a brand new install. I installed XF then proceeded to install XenPorta2 thats it.

I'll note that looking at your first picture Xaices, the portal SHOULD NOT be showing on your homepage.
Home page would be "forumlist" checked.

Im using the same skin and had no problems. Did you follow Russ's instructions to install that skin as it is not as straightforward as some skins.

I'll note that looking at your first picture Xaices, the portal SHOULD NOT be showing on your homepage.
Home page would be "forumlist" checked.
I am not completely clear on what your trying to tell me. My Homepage or rather index page route is changed to articles/ in the Options>Basic Board Information, as per the FAQ. I installed XF in root/community.

Im using the same skin and had no problems. Did you follow Russ's instructions to install that skin as it is not as straightforward as some skins.

Yes, I installed as per Russ' instructions. The skin really has nothing to do with it as far as I can tell, as already stated it does the same thing in the default blue/white Xenforo style.

Yes, I installed as per Russ' instructions. The skin really has nothing to do with it as far as I can tell, as already stated it does the same thing in the default blue/white Xenforo style.
Is the error log showing anything in the admin cp? Put your forum in debug mode and see what it says...

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Visitor::canViewProfilePosts() in /home2/xaikotik/public_html/blackfyre/community/library/EWRporta2/Widget/StatusUpdates.php on line 10

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Visitor::canViewProfilePosts() - library/EWRporta2/Widget/StatusUpdates.php:10
Generated By: Xaikotik, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "http://www.blackfyre.org/community/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

StatusUpdates.php line 10

Code:
if ($profilePostLimit && $visitor->canViewProfilePosts())

Last edited:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Visitor::canViewProfilePosts() in /home2/xaikotik/public_html/blackfyre/community/library/EWRporta2/Widget/StatusUpdates.php on line 10

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Visitor::canViewProfilePosts() - library/EWRporta2/Widget/StatusUpdates.php:10
Generated By: Xaikotik, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "http://www.blackfyre.org/community/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

StatusUpdates.php line 10

Code:
if ($profilePostLimit && $visitor->canViewProfilePosts())
If you are using xf 1.3, you need to use the legacy status updates widget. The current one is compatible with 1.4 only. Notice that the legacy widget does not adhere to user permissions.

If you are using xf 1.3, you need to use the legacy status updates widget. The current one is compatible with 1.4 only. Notice that the legacy widget does not adhere to user permissions.

rgr - my mistake I had a laps in license fee or something after another look it stated inactive so the only dl available for me was 1.3.6. Paid the $65 reactivation and going through the upgrade bs now.
An honest mistake on my part - was under the impression that my license was active and I had the latest XF version when I dl'd it.

upgrade complete situation resolved.

Thank you sincerely for your patients and assistance!

Is there somewhere in these previous 70 some pages that tells how to use the slider?? LOL

I know where the options are but not where to put images etc or even if that is how it works. Some explanation is all Im needing. Thanks

Hey Jaxel, could you please tell me if there's an option for disabling the "addthis toolbox" in the article view? thanks in advance, Martin

@Jaxel where have the "Show Full-sized icon instead of thumbnails" option from XP2? I need that to get big thumbnails like this

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 9.10.06 PM.webp

right now the image is stretched because of the fixed width... is there a way to shrink the size proportionally based on the thumbnail container ratio?

Why is it fixed width? Edit your template; because thats not default.

Hey Jaxel, could you please tell me if there's an option for disabling the "addthis toolbox" in the article view? thanks in advance, Martin
Yeah... disable it in XenForo.

Why is it fixed width? Edit your template; because thats not default.

i know it's not the default, which gives me this. The thumbnails are too small in this.
Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 10.57.58 PM.webp

i am trying to achieve a uniform look with my Showcase look (example: http://xenaddons.com/showcase/member/bob.4/ ) . I am trying to get a similar thumbnail size on my XP2 article list by trying to fix the width x height... but yes, the issue is the image is stretched non proportionately.

It'd be great if you could help.

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 11.00.00 PM.webp

Ok, just got my site updated tonight. i was really stressing because it seemed to ask for a lot of stuff (data paths etc) that ultimately I didn't need to supply (phew!). I had one question. My previous templates didn't include day and time near the authors name. Is there an easy way to remove that? I am thinking i need to remove something from article list template somewhere but I am not a coder. Thanks for any help! I am really loving the option sets as i am able to highlight new threads easily at the top of my forums and do other stuff like add a raw html add for discounts on the side. All good stuff!

Top Bottom