[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Just wanted to add my voice to the image from external source, that source doesn't have to be offsite it would be goo if we could choose the zen media gallery or a folder on the site.

I use Wordpress and wrote a plugin which grabs a random image as the featured image from within a selected folder structure.

Something similar would be great. I have a team of guys who currently add the news articles and we have an image library of thousands of images if they could browse that location or randomly grab an image from there it would be awesome and save them all having to download the entire library themselves

Reactions: Epi
I mean, I can add an option for it in the next version... but I highly recommend not using it.

your arguments put me to thinking with the broken images and all. I think for the time being I go portal less (until my forum raises enough funds to upgrade my server) and use the forum as my homepage. I'm sure there are other features that have priority before this though. Unless a majority of other people like the idea also :p.

your arguments put me to thinking with the broken images and all. I think for the time being I go portal less (until my forum raises enough funds to upgrade my server) and use the forum as my homepage. I'm sure there are other features that have priority before this though. Unless a majority of other people like the idea also :p.
Lol... I've actually already programmed it in.

And as for Dannymh's needs, you can use it in conjuction with this:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-ultimate-random-header.216/

Then just use an img tag on the script as thus:
header.php

Will show a random image on every refresh. (not on XF.com though, as they use the image proxy)

I don't like the articles index page and how the articles/features are in the main content area, can I make my own article home page?
You can do this! Since the widget framework is extensible to any part of your forum, you can make a blank "page" node in XenForo and simply hook your widgets around that. However, this won't have all the nice conveniences built into the included articles index, such as pagination.

This is a pretty big downside. Why is the features block in the main content area.
Instead of making a new page and losing the pagination, is there an edit I can do to the template to exclude the features from the content area, therefor allowing me to add the features via a block in the layout area as intended.

Nevermind. I removed:
<xen:if is="{$features}">
<div class="section featuresGrid" id="featuresGrid">
<xen:include template="EWRporta2_Features">
<xen:set var="$feature_id">featuresGrid</xen:set>
<xen:set var="$relocate">{$xenOptions.EWRporta2_features_relocate}</xen:set>
</xen:include>
</div>
</xen:if>

From the EWRporta2_ArticleList template.

This is a pretty big downside. Why is the features block in the main content area.
Instead of making a new page and losing the pagination, is there an edit I can do to the template to exclude the features from the content area, therefor allowing me to add the features via a block in the layout area as intended.
There is also an option explicitly in the admin cp options that allows you to move the features block around the page.

Disqus comes pre-installed. Just add in your disqus short code.
thank you for this addon...

EDIT: Comment code for both Disqus and Facebook are not presenmtly appearing. How to get it to appear. Thanx again.

Last edited:
I began the translation, but I block on a term: Hide Bread Box and Title Bar

Do you have an screen or example to "Bread Box" please ?

I have noticed that if an article has two category and if you select one of those two in the category filtering, the article will still be visible. Can you change that?

Enjoying the add-on so far. One suggestion that I'd have is the ability to add an icon directly via "Promote Article", as oppose to having to add an attachment to the thread, and selecting it from there.

Top Bottom