[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Thank's @viper357 ! My first post was an amazing display of stupid... :rolleyes:

I decided to parse the contents of the XF folders against what was in the install folders. The 'aha' moment was finding that nothing would be overwritten. Duh. From there, I did exactly as you note and everything did exactly as it should. If I am not mistaken, this is the same kind of installation method that vB uses. I am coming from 12 years of SMF, Joomla, and WP site dev--so this was a bit different.

Anyway, site alpha dev is coming along nicely--and I have only a few regrets leaving SMF behind. I floated 2.1b3 out on a trial but it is simply not ready for prime time yet (few workable themes, mod extensions, and interesting occasional bugs with some configs of FF browser), the 2.0.x has gotten too long in the tooth and many mods are being abandoned by the developer community. So, off and away on this new, a bit costlier adventure!

Now I am off to find my next impasse, and post another clueless question... :cool:

Hi,
Is it possible to just simply add a Widget from widget framework on the main page instead of the sidebar please?
Like, im just creating widgets using EWRporta2_ArticleList for Position: within the admin panel, these appear in the right side widgets, but im wanting to just display under the slider on main page view please?
Is there anything else apart from typing in "EWRporta2_ArticleList" that works like hook:forum_list_nodes but for front page. The widgets im adding i cant add in EWRporta2 widgets panel.
Untitled.webp
EDIT: Sites been down to long trying to get this to my liking. Got to reopen. I know people have lives outside forums, but so have i. For a paid Mod, support (n) mod uninstalled. Its not like the Author hasn't been online either.

Last edited:
Quick question @Jaxel , can I also use a copy on my local UAT /Test server for editing and such? Or is the License only ment for one live site?

/edit: one more thing, is this Add-On fully phrased?

Last edited:
Hi,
Is it possible to just simply add a Widget from widget framework on the main page instead of the sidebar please?
Like, im just creating widgets using EWRporta2_ArticleList for Position: within the admin panel, these appear in the right side widgets, but im wanting to just display under the slider on main page view please?
Is there anything else apart from typing in "EWRporta2_ArticleList" that works like hook:forum_list_nodes but for front page. The widgets im adding i cant add in EWRporta2 widgets panel.
View attachment 154427
EDIT: Sites been down to long trying to get this to my liking. Got to reopen. I know people have lives outside forums, but so have i. For a paid Mod, support (n) mod uninstalled. Its not like the Author hasn't been online either.
I can't really give support for a different addon... why don't you ask in the widget framework thread?

Quick question @Jaxel , can I also use a copy on my local UAT /Test server for editing and such? Or is the License only ment for one live site?

/edit: one more thing, is this Add-On fully phrased?
One live site, fully phrased.

I can't really give support for a different addon... why don't you ask in the widget framework thread?

Huh? Maybe you read wrong mate. Some front pages have option to add the widget to the page list. Example: Creating a widget to add on your front page right sidebar you would simply add
EWRporta2_ArticleList to Position done? This goes to the sidebar not the page list center. Some pages have the option like EWRporta2_ArticleList_top or EWRporta2_ArticleList_bottom which appears top or bottom of the page, not in left or right sidebar, the center page! .
Im asking if in YOUR mod. Does it have that option/hook to do the same. I just wanted to add widgets to the main front page, rather than in the side bar. Well some in right sidebar some on page.
But adding EWRporta2_ArticleList in Position in widget framework only makes your widgets appear in sidebar. Im not sure why i would ask in widget framework thread about your mod :D
Your a smart man to know im sure :p Im not holding my breath for a support answer. So take a week or 2 break mate. Supporting your own paid addon that people buy and expect support, must be a tough job for you! I should have read more of your reviews before wasting my money on this addon. Least you got something out of it yeah man ;)

Last edited:
When trying to install Medio widget it says: "Unable to install Medio widget; prerequisite Addon is out of date."

I just bought it? Version 1.7.0

When trying to install Medio widget it says: "Unable to install Medio widget; prerequisite Addon is out of date."

I just bought it? Version 1.7.0
You do not have 1.7.0 installed... based on the screenshot you posted in the other thread.

Huh? Maybe you read wrong mate. Some front pages have option to add the widget to the page list. Example: Creating a widget to add on your front page right sidebar you would simply add
EWRporta2_ArticleList to Position done? This goes to the sidebar not the page list center. Some pages have the option like EWRporta2_ArticleList_top or EWRporta2_ArticleList_bottom which appears top or bottom of the page, not in left or right sidebar, the center page! .
Im asking if in YOUR mod. Does it have that option/hook to do the same. I just wanted to add widgets to the main front page, rather than in the side bar. Well some in right sidebar some on page.
But adding EWRporta2_ArticleList in Position in widget framework only makes your widgets appear in sidebar. Im not sure why i would ask in widget framework thread about your mod :D
Your a smart man to know im sure :p Im not holding my breath for a support answer. So take a week or 2 break mate. Supporting your own paid addon that people buy and expect support, must be a tough job for you! I should have read more of your reviews before wasting my money on this addon. Least you got something out of it yeah man ;)
BD Widget Framework is not my addon. I can not give support for it.

I've noticed that the Threads Recent widget is empty for unregistered / registered members who have limited access to our forums, even when there are new and recent threads to display. It displays correctly for members with full access to the forums though.

You are correct... this is an oversight on my part.

Hey @Jaxel, any chance you could post a fix for this please? Many thanks :)

I just moved my XenForo installation to a new server (and a new directory from C:\ to D:\ on IIS). Everything works, except on the articles page of XenPorta 2 I get a "HTTP ERROR 403"

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Edit:
Fixed, forgot to add the default document index.php in IIS

Last edited:
Do I have to turn on the Thread Tools features of Promoting to Article or Feature? Because I bought the add on and have everything up and running, but under thread tools it doesn't have the promotion options at all.

Its possible to set hook for Ads Manager by Siropu ? I have check with raw HTML and dont work with hooks :(
Raw HTML is exactly that... Raw HTML. You would have to make your own widget and templates to use XenForo functions.

Do I have to turn on the Thread Tools features of Promoting to Article or Feature? Because I bought the add on and have everything up and running, but under thread tools it doesn't have the promotion options at all.
Permissions?

Hello i want to ask,XenPorta 2 (Portal) compactable - with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/novus-xenfocus-com.2208/ tamplate? Thanks
I dont see why it wouldnt be...

Hi all, does anybody know how to set the width of these two blocks at 50%? Thanks.

View attachment 155133
CSS. Learn it.

Is there anyway to have wiki articles from XenCarta the ability to be promoted into the feature slider?
You can promote the discussion threads for articles.

Raw HTML is exactly that... Raw HTML. You would have to make your own widget and templates to use XenForo functions.

I have check this. The hook is not recognized.

So i have check inside from HTML RAW

<xen:hook name="ad_cms_first" />

After that i have create new position in Ad manager.

I Think i need a new template, HTML RAW is not includen on System

Top Bottom