[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Finally got a chance to play with your demo. It's getting pretty impressive. Couple of questions/suggestions:

1. Any way you can move the location and keyword filters to the front end month, agenda, weekly etc views? Makes it a lot more intuitive to filter out events quickly rather than going to settings etc.

2. Has anyone managed to get this to show up on a bd widget?

3. Any thoughts about event types/categories in addition to keywords so for example event type A can autopublish thread into forum A only and so forth and also filter by them

4. Add predefined prefixes to events?
Great suggestions!

The ICS file is recreated every time... however, its a single query... so its even smaller and more lightweight than actually viewing a page on your website. You can increase the event number by editing the action in the PHP file... but past events are not currently a possibility.
Another thing:

now is working in this way:

Calendar Tools => Export to iCal => the .ics file is downloaded
If you use this ics file the Events will be included in your ical client statically (don't get updated)

I think that most of people want to subscribe the calendar (or query or event) so they can have the infos updated.

IMHO once, for example, "Export to iCal" is clicked a modal window have to come up (like the modal window for sharing/permalink).
In this modal windows you will have the possibility to download the static file or copy the link to subscribe dynamically the ics.

other things:
in the ICS as description is passed the link and not a test description, I think could me good to pass a snipped from the first post or a dedicated "short description".

the maps info passed to the ics don't work as expected google maps for example can't recognize addresses (tried with 8wayrun.com events) maybe because there are brackets?

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to play with your demo. It's getting pretty impressive. Couple of questions/suggestions:

1. Any way you can move the location and keyword filters to the front end month, agenda, weekly etc views? Makes it a lot more intuitive to filter out events quickly rather than going to settings etc.

2. Has anyone managed to get this to show up on a bd widget?

3. Any thoughts about event types/categories in addition to keywords so for example event type A can autopublish thread into forum A only and so forth and also filter by them

4. Add predefined prefixes to events?

+ @Jaxel ? Any thoughts/comments on this?

Finally nice work on the new calendar pro!! Question could you add the two mini calendar's to the right side? Is that possible?

Vinny

also another bug, or feature request: Times shown in calendar are adjusted to a person's timezone settings. But they are not adjusted in the event itself. would that be possible in the future?

also another bug, or feature request: Times shown in calendar are adjusted to a person's timezone settings. But they are not adjusted in the event itself. would that be possible in the future?
This is not a bug. This is by design. However, if you MOUSE OVER the times, it will display a tooltip of the adjusted time.

Finally nice work on the new calendar pro!! Question could you add the two mini calendar's to the right side? Is that possible?

Vinny
Not at the moment no. Not even sure if I would want to put this in as it greatly restricts the size of the calendar view.

Text i place is placed too much on the left side. it sticks to my profile.
See the picture:
http://i.imgur.com/cKGGH4i.png

Any way to fix this?
The addon is designed to look normal with the built in XenForo theme. If you are using a custom theme and things don't look absolutely perfect, you're on your own to fix that yourself.

Is there a way to make it so that every repeat occurrence shows in the monthly view? Right now I have a few events that repeat every week but only the first event is shown in the monthly view.

Is there a way to make it so that every repeat occurrence shows in the monthly view? Right now I have a few events that repeat every week but only the first event is shown in the monthly view.
Every repeat occurrence already shows up in the monthly view...

Hi :)

just a "Little" Thing - is it currently possible to deactivate the "Calendar" Nav Tab in main Menu ?
I want to disable it because i want to add it manualy to a sidebar but not found any Option in acp.
If not exists - maybe a idea to add in acp Options for a further release ?

Thank you :)

Hi :)

just a "Little" Thing - is it currently possible to deactivate the "Calendar" Nav Tab in main Menu ?
I want to disable it because i want to add it manualy to a sidebar but not found any Option in acp.
If not exists - maybe a idea to add in acp Options for a further release ?

Thank you :)
You can hide it using CSS.

Thank you :) Of course a fast working solution ;) But hiding hmm ~ i don't like so much so it in the css way for these things.
If anyway possible i would like a little option in acp Options Switch on/off the navtab for it - would there be any Chance for a further relaese ? :)

Thank you :) Of course a fast working solution ;) But hiding hmm ~ i don't like so much so it in the css way for these things.
If anyway possible i would like a little option in acp Options Switch on/off the navtab for it - would there be any Chance for a further relaese ? :)
If you switch off the navtab, then the sub-nav disappears as well. Its not a viable option.

Hmm, but i have in the submenu below the main menu all need options if i link it directly from a sidebar.
If the nav tab is away and i access directly to /calendar/ all submenu entries are away too ?

...if all will disappaer. Maybe a solution would be that in "Navtab off mode" the missing Options can be added to a other place on the site ?
I would realy need that function - i have toooo many things already in my main nav, so i now started to create a custom sidebar "navbox" and place
some of the nav to it...

...if all will disappaer. Maybe a solution would be that in "Navtab off mode" the missing Options can be added to a other place on the site ?
I would realy need that function - i have toooo many things already in my main nav, so i now started to create a custom sidebar "navbox" and place
some of the nav to it...
Then just disable the navtab listener and the navtab will go away.

Top Bottom