[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Count Down Block can be linked to an event (XenAtendo)? ...or maybe linked to more events sliding like the recent news block for multi events countdown.
Another thing, when the count down reach 00:00:00 would be nice if, instead those zeros, it will visualize the running event(s).

1) How can I re-use the same Module example: RecentNews, i would like to have News pulling from one forum, then add another recent news section and list the other forum section here.

Example again: Offtopic News / Breaking News / etc.

Possible to re-use the same module a couple times?

2) And how can we use the modules on the Forum home?

I think someone else asked this and got answers but I can't find where.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how I can get a customised layout working?

I have created a cstomised layout by simply adding "test" as the layout name:
1.webp

I then get a layout like this:
2.webp

The layout is then saved and listed in the layout list:
3.webp

I have the default portal page as my site index so the address of my site is http://www.my_domain
The address of my forums are therefor http://www.my_domain/forum/

The problem is...How do I call up the "test" portal page that I created?...or have I got the entire concept of this wrong?

Why is it that the content that shows up within the RecentNews block is stripped down to remove bbcode, images, and anything else? Is there any way to change this? My site kinda depends on it.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how I can get a customised layout working?

I have created a cstomised layout by simply adding "test" as the layout name:
View attachment 30899

I then get a layout like this:
View attachment 30900

The layout is then saved and listed in the layout list:
View attachment 30901

I have the default portal page as my site index so the address of my site is http://www.my_domain
The address of my forums are therefor http://www.my_domain/forum/

The problem is...How do I call up the "test" portal page that I created?...or have I got the entire concept of this wrong?
Ummm, I think you sort of got it wrong, my friend.

Firstly, in the XenPorta options, you need to select the layouts for which you will enable the framework. These can be article, index, forum and thread. As per Jaxel's instructions,

By default, only the Portal uses the Layout Framework. You can enable the framework for various sections of your website (as well as enable articles mode). If you enable the framework for a section, you must define a custom layout for that section, or it's fallback.

So if you enable the framework for "Forum", you can start defining custom layouts for each forum individually using "forum-#", where "#" is the node-id of that forum. If it can't find a custom layout defined for a forum, it will look for the fallback layout called "forum".

In other words, "forum-3" would the layout for the forum node of 3. While "forum" will be the layout for ALL forums that don't have custom layouts. You can chose not to have a layout called "forum" at all, so that your forums don't have layouts unless explicitly defined.

Now go to the XenPorta layouts link, as in your first image. Here, you shall find the layouts you enabled above in the dropdown menu. Select the type of layout for which you want to create a particular layout. e.g. in your case, for the forum with the node ID 53, select in the menu "forum" and then type 53 in the box on the right. Create the layout, and then customize it to your liking.

As per Jaxel's instructions:

In addition to selecting a "Layout Type", you may also define an "Layout ID". The ID is the ID relating to the type. For instance, if you select the layout type of "forum", with the layout ID of "53", that means you will customize the layout for "forum-53". The layout for "forum-53" will apply to the forum with the node "53". Only layout types that end with "-##" support layout IDs.

If you choose to define a layout, without an ID, that layout will become the GLOBAL layout for all pages of that type. For instance, if you select the type of "forum", and do not enter an ID, you will customize the layout for "forum". The layout for "forum" will apply to ALL forums that do not have their own specific layout. Globalized Custom Layout hierarchy is explained in XenPorta Options.

Further details may be found here: XenPorta User Guide and FAQ

Hope this helps you. :)

In your next update, can you make it so we can Promote threads made by XenAtendo to the front page of XenPorta? It seems that you can't do it for events that have the RSVP enabled. I figured since you make both, you could probably make this happen without too much headache. Thanks for making great stuff.

When I try to check options under Home > Blocks > Recent News, i get the following error, please help.

An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /webcorp1/www/corpusers/f/i/fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
  3. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
  4. EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
  6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
  7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
  8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
  9. EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /webcorp1/www/corpusers/f/i/fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum/admin.php at line 13

TheVisitors has helped found out the error. Overwriting the following zip should solve the problem. Thanks TheVisitor :)

Attachments

Reactions: dwi
Ummm, I think you sort of got it wrong, my friend.

Firstly, in the XenPorta options, you need to select the layouts for which you will enable the framework. These can be article, index, forum and thread. As per Jaxel's instructions,

Now go to the XenPorta layouts link, as in your first image. Here, you shall find the layouts you enabled above in the dropdown menu. Select the type of layout for which you want to create a particular layout. e.g. in your case, for the forum with the node ID 53, select in the menu "forum" and then type 53 in the box on the right. Create the layout, and then customize it to your liking.

As per Jaxel's instructions:

Further details may be found here: XenPorta User Guide and FAQ

Hope this helps you. :)

I think he means he wants a custom additional portal page. This used to work but then suddenly stopped with no explanation from Jaxel as to what changed.

I think he means he wants a custom additional portal page. This used to work but then suddenly stopped with no explanation from Jaxel as to what changed.
YES, that is exactly what I am after...another portal page that I can use as a section page.

I was use to vbAdvanced CMPS where you could have blank pages that you added modules to just like XenPortal

Why is it that the content that shows up within the RecentNews block is stripped down to remove bbcode, images, and anything else? Is there any way to change this? My site kinda depends on it.

[BUG?] Yes...
I want to create some threads considered "articles" but the attachments get stripped off...

There was an explanation... the custom portal pages were retrofitted into custom CATEGORY pages.

There was an explanation... the custom portal pages were retrofitted into custom CATEGORY pages.

I must have missed this, which version changelog was it in? I'll add it into the FAQ.

Also was there an explanation of how to use categories? I think people still aren't sure what they're for or how to use them.

//Nevermind, must have been a cache issue.

Question: How do I get older threads to show up in the "RecentSlider" or "RecentAccordion" blocks? I just migrated to XF and want to feature some of my news stories from before the migration, but when I add a slide.jpg image to the OP, the thread doesn't get added to the block.

Ideas?

It seems a lot of users are asking how to do this so can anyone provide a step by step method?

This is how I have my Options set up:
1.webp

I have created a category called test
2.webp

Now what do I do?

It seems a lot of users are asking how to do this so can anyone provide a step by step method?

This is how I have my Options set up:
View attachment 30967

I have created a category called test
View attachment 30968

Now what do I do?
The best I can do is say this...
You need to create an Article Forum.
To create an Article Forum, you need to select which forums would become Article Forums by selecting them in the RecentNews Portal Layout Block...
Once you have done this, navigate to a Article Forum and you'll see the category selection...

This is as far as I have gotten...

I can imagine this is very useful, but no guidance on how to set this up...

One more issue, Article forums will not show attachments. So that kinda kills that whole thing for me as well...

Top Bottom