[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I'm guessing you did not install xenForo in your web root directory, but inside your forums/ directory?

Now I realize why nothing is showing up.

I wanted to try this out on test forum (where I usually test add ons) so yes, I did install in a forums directory. I'm hesitant to do it in the root directory before I know what I'm doing... so, hmm... I suppose there's no other way?

I wanted to try this out on test forum (where I usually test add ons) so yes, I did install in a forums directory. I'm hesitant to do it in the root directory before I know what I'm doing... so, hmm... I suppose there's no other way?
Edit: scratch what I said earlier. I just checked my own local test environment and can confirm that I have xenForo installed in a subdirectory (i.e. not in the web root folder), along with XenPorta, and it's running fine.

There must be some other reason behind why "nothing is showing up".

Edit: scratch what I said earlier. I just checked my own local test environment and can confirm that I have xenForo installed in a subdirectory (i.e. not in the web root folder), along with XenPorta, and it's running fine.

There must be some other reason behind why "nothing is showing up".

Beats me. Everything appears to be installed in the Admin, but again, nothing shows up on the forum. Plus the layouts are not clickable.

Maybe I need to add this code?

Usage Notes:
You will need to add these template edits manually if you plan on Globalizing Thread and Forum Layouts respectively... as these hooks do not yet exist in XenForo and I'm having trouble convincing Kier to add them.

At the absolute bottom of "thread_view"
Code:

<xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />

At the absolute bottom of "forum_view"
Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />

You only need those template edits if you plan on customising the layout of your forum index view, or thread view, as stated in the note.

When you say "nothing is showing up" I'm assuming that you can't even get the Portal to display, and the above edits have nothing to do with that. Unfortunately, it sounds like something really strange is happening if you say your "layouts are not clickable". Apart from uninstalling the add-on and trying again, carefully following the installation instructions, then I'm at a loss for further suggestions.

Does the file library\EWRporta\Block\RecentFeatures.php exist in your installation?

It was not installed by default. It exists on my server but it won't install.

"Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read."

Weird.

Ensure that you're installing the XML (not the PHP) file, located at: library\EWRporta\Block\XML\RecentFeatures.xml

Top Bottom