[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
If you edit the CSS it will conform to however you want.
Nothing to do with CSS here. I expect to work with the same image if it does not exceed maximum size. And here is what I got:

Original image:

minecraft-logo-steve[1].webp

Resulted image:

16.webp

Not to mention all PNGs lose their transparency. How to disable that? I want to work with original images, not the processed ones.

upload_2016-10-24_20-48-40.webp

How do I stop this from happening? Whenever I add in widgets to the left column... the plugin branding gets stuck in between the blocks... and I can't remove the branding.

Nothing to do with CSS here. I expect to work with the same image if it does not exceed maximum size. And here is what I got:

Original image:

View attachment 142611

Resulted image:

View attachment 142612

Not to mention all PNGs lose their transparency. How to disable that? I want to work with original images, not the processed ones.
Yes, its all about CSS. The stretching of the images are handled in CSS:
Code:
.featuresGrid ul li

And the PNGs dont lose their transparency, there is just a black background on the feature slider. Just change it... once again in CSS:
Code:
.featuresGrid .featuresOuter

View attachment 142637

How do I stop this from happening? Whenever I add in widgets to the left column... the plugin branding gets stuck in between the blocks... and I can't remove the branding.
Maybe it has something to do with your skin?

Yes, its all about CSS. The stretching of the images are handled in CSS:
Code:
.featuresGrid ul li

And the PNGs dont lose their transparency, there is just a black background on the feature slider. Just change it... once again in CSS:
Code:
.featuresGrid .featuresOuter
No, this is incorrect, at least on version 1.2.0. In my message above you see 2 images, one is original that I used when promoting a thread to a Feature, and a second, which is an exact copy of what I get in XenPorta. All images are converted to jpg, with applied black background. The color is embedded, I can not remove it. I have already customized this slider and using another slider plugin, the only thing that bothers me is this black background which ruins all the customizations.
Here is a screenshot from DevTools if you can't believe my words:

bug.webp

And this is the exact image I get from XenPorta again:

16.webp

And just to remind what I expect XenPorta to give me:

minecraft-logo-steve[1].webp

I really hope we can find a common language here and fix this issue.

Last edited:
Just to clarify you did go into acp>appearance>style_name>style properties>Xenporta2 feature slider - set the bg to transparent?

And the image will be resized to what you have the feature slider dims set at under home>options>xenporta2 pro

Last edited:
Just to clarify you did go into acp>appearance>style_name>style properties>Xenporta2 feature slider - set the bg to transparent?
There is no such a parameter there. You can remove background from Outer Container and other elements, which I did. But it has no relation to images being converted to jpg with black background.

And the image will be resized to what you have the feature slider dims set at under home>options>xenporta2 pro
Actually this is what the Feature max dimensions settings says:

Uploaded feature slider images will be resized DOWN to this maximum size.

And it doesn't correlate with what you say or what the actual XenPorta does. This text should go as this:

All uploaded feature slider images will be converted to JPEG and fit or resized into these dimensions.

So there are 2 solutions here:
  • Leave the functionality as it is and rephrase Feature dimensions explanation.
  • Fix this bug.

There is no such a parameter there. You can remove background from Outer Container and other elements, which I did. But it has no relation to images being converted to jpg with black background.
removing the bg from the outer container property:
upload_2016-10-25_20-19-46.webp

hmmm when I remove the bg from outer container:
upload_2016-10-25_20-18-8.webp

upload_2016-10-25_20-18-41.webp

upload_2016-10-25_20-27-9.webp
and I believe most images an admin will want viewed in this area will be larger than the image slider itself, so the mod retains the image proportions regardless of height or width of image. But if you set your image to match exactly slider dims, it will fill the space entirely.....I think.

Last edited:
Countdown widget text. Where do I change the color of the text, its almost the exact same color as the background.

8OF12Bq.png

Last edited:
No, this is incorrect, at least on version 1.2.0. In my message above you see 2 images, one is original that I used when promoting a thread to a Feature, and a second, which is an exact copy of what I get in XenPorta. All images are converted to jpg, with applied black background. The color is embedded, I can not remove it. I have already customized this slider and using another slider plugin, the only thing that bothers me is this black background which ruins all the customizations.
Here is a screenshot from DevTools if you can't believe my words:

View attachment 142653

And this is the exact image I get from XenPorta again:

View attachment 142654

And just to remind what I expect XenPorta to give me:

View attachment 142655

I really hope we can find a common language here and fix this issue.
Yes, you're right. All images are converted to JPG; which will remove the transparencies. What you can try doing is editing EWRporta2_Model_Features.php. Change the $target extension to .png, and change 'IMAGETYPE_JPEG' later in that same function to 'IMAGETYPE_PNG'.

Countdown widget text. Where do I change the color of the text, its almost the exact same color as the background.

8OF12Bq.png
You can use CSS to change the text color.

You can use CSS to change the text color.

But this is also an issue on your calendar addon. How can this (dark grey/darkergrey) be the default?

OHCxBgm.png

Isn't there a way to fix this in the color palette somewhere?

If it MUST be done through CSS, what is the code?

Large pics overflow the left border. How do I fix this so its like everywhere else on the site and resizes properly?

Also, time zone. I am in New York. If someone from London is reading this event. Will it show HIS time zone or will it show mine until he mouses over it?

tcFEqoQ.png

Well, I tried it:

.countdown .dash .digit.d1{
color: rgb(0,255,127);
}

and now the countdown changed DAYS AND TIME!! The only digit that moves is the seconds digit and cycles through 5..4..3..2.1. and back through 5..4..3..2..1..over and over and over. Do you know why???

THIS is why I asked you for help.

jT6PblW.png

This is still set for October 31st at 12 midnight ... Halloween.

I am not a happy customer.

Last edited:
The sign up/ Log in widget was on my forums page, now its gone after installing BD Widget Framework.

How do I put a sign up/log in button on my main page?? (Home page Login button went missing BEFORE installing BD widget)

Last edited:
I'm getting the following:

Unable to install Medio widget; missing prerequisite Addon.

What is the missing prerequisite Addon that is missing?

After cutting down the wording in my question and doing some searching I found the following:

You need XenMedio Pro to use the built in Medio widgets.

But that really makes no sense. On the purchase page of xenPorta 2 Pro it says that following widgets are included. Why not put a note that additional Addons will need to be purchased to use included widgets? It is nice to include the widgets but you might as well have just sold them with the Addons you require instead of touting them as a feature of this addon.

37. XenMedio: Cloud
38. XenMedio: Recent Media

Can you please clarify what other widgets need additional addons for them to work instead of me spending time trying each one out?

Thanks
Tony

Last edited:
How do I put a log in button on the main page? Is it a widget?

I have BD Widget Framework and Xenporta 2

I understand its a Clear Contents widget? Is that correct?

I used the Reveal Mode in BD Widget Framework. I clicked the spot I wanted and it took me to the edit widget screen. This is what I have down but it didnt work. I spoke to pixelexit and they believe there may be a conflict on xenportas end.

They stated it might be a simple edit.

OSb1uoJ.png

Top Bottom