[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel I have XenPorta installed and I'm using the countdown widget. The countdown shows fine for me in the UK but is 3 hours fast for users in Dubai. This is the correct time in the UK...

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.07.23.webp

This is the wrong time in Dubai...

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.07.45.webp

Do you know how I can fix this issue? Below is a link to a page with the countdown. At the time of this post the event should show 5 and a half hours to go...

https://cricistan.com

Last edited:
@Jaxel I have XenPorta installed and I'm using the countdown widget. The countdown shows fine for me in the UK but is 3 hours fast for users in Dubai. This is the correct time in the UK...

View attachment 141336

This is the wrong time in Dubai...

View attachment 141337

Do you know how I can fix this issue? Below is a link to a page with the countdown. At the time of this post the event should show 5 and a half hours to go...

https://cricistan.com
Timezones are decided by the timezone of the account you are logged into. Not the timezone of the PC you are on.

I promoted my first article.

Article Title to the top above my shoutbox!?.... rest of article below my shoutbox.

How can I fix this?

DT1XTKt.png

X4ur1uE.png
Remove it from the layout?

@Jaxel is there a way to make a sticky slider? I keep changing the promotion date to get it back in the rotation but it gets to be a pain after awhile.

Edit: I guess a sticky article would be useful as well.

Hi, What is the name of this bar across the top of the Recent/New Threads widget? I'm trying to change the color of it but can't find anything in Style Properties? Thanks.

Tropical Aquariums SA.webp

After watching your layout video numerous times, I still can not figure out how to make a layout as such.

Selection_034.webp

I tried setting the article list to zero, but it wont let you. If I could simply change that to zero everything would work just fine.

So what I did was add a "articles main" widget and gave a option set for each widget area marked above. When I promote a article and assign it to a category, it will display accordingly in its assigned widget. Problem is, it wall also display that article in the article list duplicating content. I have clicked on the "exclude from article index" but that doesnt seem to do anything.

Is there anyway to achieve what I am trying to do?

Brand new install - xenforo 1.5.10 - to myurl.com/dev folder & followed this:

Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml"
Got this: You don't have permission to access /dev/library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml on this server.

Please advise...

Installation:
Got this: You don't have permission to access /dev/library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml on this server.

Please advise...
That would be on your server admins. Talk to them to figure it out.

After watching your layout video numerous times, I still can not figure out how to make a layout as such.

View attachment 141567

I tried setting the article list to zero, but it wont let you. If I could simply change that to zero everything would work just fine.

So what I did was add a "articles main" widget and gave a option set for each widget area marked above. When I promote a article and assign it to a category, it will display accordingly in its assigned widget. Problem is, it wall also display that article in the article list duplicating content. I have clicked on the "exclude from article index" but that doesnt seem to do anything.

Is there anyway to achieve what I am trying to do?
I dont quite understand what you are trying to do. If you want to make your own landing page, read the FAQ.

Hey @Jaxel

Do you have a layout download section ? I mean other than Article List ? ^^

I mean thing like that : https://realitygaming.fr/actualites/ ^^

Thanks for your helping :)
Can't really do that. Layouts are defined based on the widgets in the layout... and not everyone will have the same widgets installed. So downloadable layouts would be pointless.

I am actually on 1.1.2 Do I have to upgrade with each update in succession? I dont see the xml file to upgrade.
Upgrades are cascading. You only need the newest version.

Installation:

Please advise...

That would be on your server admins. Talk to them to figure it out.

I'm using Hostgator. I thought this would just be changing the CHMOD to a specific # like from 644 to 777.

Any help? Hostgator typically tells me to ask the dev & it becomes a circle of nothing...

OK, I figured out the problem while I was on live tech support chat w/ Hostgator. He had no idea what the problem was but was willing to reset all CHMOD on my URL... while I was waiting for them to do that, I explored the admin options in xenforo admin.

I originally interpreted your INSTALL instructions as: Run this file from your browser URL - like most open source tools - including wordpress, drupal and even xenforo!

XENFORO INSTALL SAYS:

4. Installing
Now you are ready to begin the XenForo installer program.
  1. Direct your browser to the install directory within the URL that corresponds to your upload. (e.g., www.example.com/community/install/).
  2. Follow the on-screen prompts until the installation is complete.

Anyway, I've installed xenforo to a /dev folder on my URL until I learn my way around, so I ran this in my browser and it did NOT work: http://myURL.com/dev/library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml

Eventually, I figure out that I needed to go to my new xenforo admin panel:

Home tab > Add-ons > Install Add-on > Install from file on server:
library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml

After I did that - it worked! Time to do some more learnin'...

01.webp

Last edited:
OK, I figured out the problem while I was on live tech support chat w/ Hostgator. He had no idea what the problem was but was willing to reset all CHMOD on my URL... while I was waiting for them to do that, I explored the admin options in xenforo admin.

I originally interpreted your INSTALL instructions as: Run this file from your browser URL - like most open source tools - including wordpress, drupal and even xenforo!

XENFORO INSTALL SAYS:

4. Installing
Now you are ready to begin the XenForo installer program.
  1. Direct your browser to the install directory within the URL that corresponds to your upload. (e.g., www.example.com/community/install/).
  2. Follow the on-screen prompts until the installation is complete.

Anyway, I've installed xenforo to a /dev folder on my URL until I learn my way around, so I ran this in my browser and it did NOT work: http://myURL.com/dev/library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml

Eventually, I figure out that I needed to go to my new xenforo admin panel:

Home tab > Add-ons > Install Add-on > Install from file on server:
library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml

After I did that - it worked! Time to do some more learnin'...

View attachment 141622
Was this your first ever XenForo addon?

Top Bottom