[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO

[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO [Paid] 1.7.0

No permission to buy ($40.00)
So I can load mp3s that are on my server, and folks can play them via this software.

Is some form of player needed?

And are they just streamable, or are they downloadable? (I need them to just be streamable)
I'm interested in this.

Also, if I have locally hosted video on my server can I use this to play videos in private forums? I run an online music school and I'd like to be able to host videos that are only displayed in the paid for subscription forums on my site. On the current vBulletin site I'm using a JW player but I can't seem to make it work.

So I can load mp3s that are on my server, and folks can play them via this software.

Is some form of player needed?

And are they just streamable, or are they downloadable? (I need them to just be streamable)
That is correct. This mod comes with the player... the file will be streamable only; though you can use template edits to add download links if you wish.

Also, if I have locally hosted video on my server can I use this to play videos in private forums? I run an online music school and I'd like to be able to host videos that are only displayed in the paid for subscription forums on my site. On the current vBulletin site I'm using a JW player but I can't seem to make it work.

This would be very easy to do with user groups. I would definitely recommend it for what you need it for.

So I got the pro version but I'm not sure how it works with locally hosted video and mp3. Any tips?

Upload the content to /data/local on your server, then to submit the media, type in audio:<file name> on the Xenmedio submit page. For example, audio:concert.mp3

(or video: for video)

Upload the content to /data/local on your server, then to submit the media, type in audio:<file name> on the Xenmedio submit page. For example, audio:concert.mp3

(or video: for video)
so I made a "local" folder in data and uploaded a file to it. I'm getting this now:

Screen shot 2013-07-22 at 9.52.55 AM.webp

Hi, I want to buy this add-on, but could you please explain more on the locally hosted media part? FTP access to another host, Transcoding etc:)
Thanks

Jaxel,

I bought the Pro module a while back for the original free version, before you introduced this iteration of the addon. Does my purchase still count, and if so, how can I download it?

I sent you a PM the other night, but I know you're probably swamped.

Thanks

Jaxel,

I bought the Pro module a while back for the original free version, before you introduced this iteration of the addon. Does my purchase still count, and if so, how can I download it?

I sent you a PM the other night, but I know you're probably swamped.

Thanks
Unfortunately, no. The new "PRO" version is significantly more than the "premium" version. I was trying to figure out how to do a "discount code" on fetchapp... but at this time its not a feature they offer.

Unfortunately, no. The new "PRO" version is significantly more than the "premium" version. I was trying to figure out how to do a "discount code" on fetchapp... but at this time its not a feature they offer.
Okay, thank you.

Would you mind elaborating on the differences between the previous Premium and the current Pro iterations? 40 bucks isn't that big a deal, I just need to justify the additional expense.

I tried looking through this thread and the Resource page, but it wasn't apparent.

@Jaxel,

Is there a way to have empty categories display content from child categories?

I have something like this:
  • TV Shows
    • Star Trek
      • Star Trek: The Next Generation
      • Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Doctor Who
    • Lost

Last edited:
@masterchief what style is it on your screenshot and even more important which XF version?
This is a problem with XF RC2. I saw this first with a counter for new item in the new Posts list (Addon) it got fixed but still has Problems with other style then the default one.
So this is my fix for the default style:
Code:
.mediaTabLinks .blockLinksList li .queue .itemCount {
margin-top: -17px; /*must be negative*/
margin-left: 3px; /*to make it look better*/
}
The values of both margin options need to be changed to a value that fits for your style.

I tried tinkering with the templating to make post #76 work... No dice.

Hopefully my last three questions make it into a future release...

Top Bottom