[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I just have two more questions before I commit to buying this.
1. only alphabetical.

1. Is there anyway to add this option on an update or make it sortable through some customization on my end?
Having the links sort out the way I need them to is very important for me.

2. If the wiki has a lot of content and a lot of pages will that make the forum slow down to a crawl, overload the database, or create any other issues to the website?
The idea was to use Mediawiki but using this one could save me a lot of money in development costs.

I recently made a wiki page that was suppose to be done in html. It was over 10,000 words so I took that limit out of the options for messages to create the page. When I created the page though I think I may have left the setting at bbcode instead of html. Now the page won't load...and after couple minutes returns:

[SSLError('The read operation timed out',), SSLError('The read operation timed out',)]
Now...how can I delete this page if I can't even load it?!

EDIT: Also any chance of other formats, cough markdown?

I've been working on markup support, so I could import my old MediaWiki content without too much hassle, by inserting a couple of hooks into Jaxel's code rendering code, and writing my own little plugin. But the results were a little spotty without making some other modifications to the code to actually support 'markup' as a page_type. It worked, in that I could render (most) standard MediaWiki markup, but it required the page to be in html mode, which makes it impossible to allow "normal" users to edit existing content.

So what I ended up doing was just writing a one-off command line script, using the same core library I was using for the 'live' conversion, to do a once-off conversion of our MediaWiki content to bbcode.

In fact, I'm actually doing that translation right now on our live site, after a week or so of tweaking and testing in the sandbox.

The results aren't perfect, but I'd say about 90% successful. Some hand editing left to do to tidy up some stuff which it's just not possible to convert to XF's bbcode, like tables (as there is no standard 'table' bbcode in the editor), and a few oddities like links inside section headers get wonked. But pretty much all the basic stuff, like sections, internal links, external links, image links (with support for hashed image folders), lists (numbered and un-numbered), code snippets, etc are working fine.

Anyway, if you are interested in a once off conversion of existing data, drop me a message, and I can send you my code, and walk you through the small amount of config changes you'd need to make for your site.

-- hugh

@Jaxel the forum category that the Wiki discussion threads were posted in was accidentally deleted. Is there a way to change the discussion thread on a page once it has already been set?

I'm not sure where to look to go about editing the wiki. How can i edit what it says from the default template? Do i link it to a forum or do i have to edit a php file of some sort? Was just hoping someone could help me figure this out. Thanks

Just bought the pro version of the wiki coz I really love how it nicely integrates with the rest of the xenforo software. However, as a total newbie to the 8WAYRUN wiki addon, i m kinda overwhelmed when it comes to templates. For me personally it seems to be a very daunting task.

One of the problems i ran into is the creation of templates. Don't know if this has been addressed already. If so, don't shoot me ;-). When I type in the titel and hit the create new template, nothing really happens. Even when i get back to the template list, it will not be listed.
UPDATE: Just discovered the hotfix :-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom