[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
hello,

is theire a chance in the future,that we can work with the german timezone?

edit: i found the settings.

I've made some adjustments to this system to be used simply as a staff schedule, and not for the majority of the forum to use.

With such a case, is there a way that it would be possible to have it automatically alert members of a particular user group when someone creates a new event? It seems like the kind of thing that should be easy to do, but I haven't really looked into how alerts work.

bad.xen.calendar.webp

Takehome: You don't need an events calendar when you have 1 event a month.

I think it is much better just to list upcoming Events on one page.
Despite the super sparse events calendar .... this person has a list of events on the xenporta home page in a sidebar and that looks awesome.

I doubt people actually click on the birthdays to see who is having a birthday.
If they do ... then much better than this would be a list with avatars, of the upcoming birthdays this month.

Easy "solution", see below.

Is anybody using this on a UK focused site? How easy is it to modify the fields to accept UK oriented data such as postcode, town, county (as opposed to state and zip) and does this still play nice with google maps?

Any pitfalls ahead I should be aware of as a UK user?

I just started using this and am noticing another issue that I wondered if anyone has encountered. I love the mod and it could be very useful to my purpose, however, once the time of the event starts, no one can RSVP. If you are running a weekend event or even a nightly one that might span several hours, it would be nice to have the ability for people to mark RSVP even after the event starts. We all know fashionably late is too often standard :)

Jaxel

Great mod. I like it a lot. One quirk I have is just the start/end time functionality.

• Is it possible to break down the times from just 60 minute increments into 15 minute increments?
  • Is it possible to have the end time not done by the number of hours, but set by date, and time?

Couple important features we miss :

Ability to create private events
Ability to invite members both to public/private events

This issue can be mitigated by using
/events/upcoming
as the default page for the Events Tab.

Is that possible ?
Cant you just add a link forum pointing to the upcoming page - dont forget to hide it from the node list.
Then use jakes nodes as tab mod to add a tab for it?

Is there any way with this mod to set an event icon per event? I want to be able to specify the icon at the time I add the event. Is this possible?
I'm just checking before I install this.

Jaxel, I will pay for this feature if it doesnt exist.

Great addon, is gonna become very handy.

I have one problem:
Why does the upcoming events get cut off and look like (see image)? It should say 'Substimulate'. I use the flexile dark style.

Untitled.webp

Is there any way to stop this creating a navbar tab? We'd still like the functionality etc but just not dedicated to it's own tab.

Top Bottom