• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

8WayRun.Com Modifications for XenForo

Jaxel

I'm the author of the 8WR mods on VB.org. VB4 is bad, and I've been wanting to dump it as soon as reasonably possible. They are called 8WR mods because every mod I write, I use myself on my own website at http://www.8wayrun.com/. I will be getting the beta on October 5, and I plan on immediately starting work on not only new mods, but converting my existing mods to the XenFramework. The mods I plan on working on so far are listed on my sig; but I am creating this thread as a central place for ideas and requests in my various mods.

Projects: (in order of priority)
8WR XenPorta (Splash Portal)
8WR XenMedio (Media Library)
8WR XenAtendo (Event Forum)
8WR XenTorneo (Tournaments)
8WR XenGrado (Rank Ladder)

Oh goodness :),

I LOVE your media mod, this is definitely a plus for the entire community of xenforo ;)

I'm glad you're on board.

Very happy to have you here, Jason. I always been a fan of your work. :)

I moved this thread to Off-Topic for the time being.

Hey Jason, big fan here too...glad to see you moving your work to XF. Your skin shouldn't be difficult to port over to XF either :)

I'm getting really antsy in anticipation for October 5. I really wanna get me hands on XenForo as soon as possible so I can get right to work. I love programming and I'm getting so impatient. I hate bug fixing though... haha.

XenGrado is going to be a fork of my old TIO/FTL Compatible Ranking Ladder for VB3. What the original mod did, was calculate rankings based on tournament attendance and results. I have decided to move this into XenTorneo; XenGrado won't be tournament based at all. Instead, XenGrado will be a Microsoft TrueSkill based challenge system where people can challenge other users and they are awarded or detracted points based on the levels of their opponents.

8WayRun.Com Modifications for XenForo - this thread seems like a great place to discuss your overall plans.

How about a Portal-specific thread to discuss the ins and outs of the portal ?

8WR XenPorta (Splash Portal), an 8WayRun.Com Modification. ?

Well I actually want to keep XenPorta relatively simple...
  • Recent news (linked to a specific announcement forum)
  • Sidebar modules (preferably using XenForo's existing module system)
Thats pretty much it. Any other additions would be module based.

I've not used any of your mods in the past, but had a look at them at VB.org ... look very nice indeedy and look forward to seeing how they work with our site, especially the Tournament one :).

Well I actually want to keep XenPorta relatively simple...
  • Recent news (linked to a specific announcement forum)
  • Sidebar modules (preferably using XenForo's existing module system)

What about .html ? ie. like the "Pages" functionality ?
so there could be some flexibility in content.
Could HTML be added to XenPorta ?

Is the idea when I go to 8wayrun.com - I would land on the Home tab, which would be a XenPorta page ?

If .html is not possible would it be possible to "embed" a "Page" into XenPorta ?

What about .html ? ie. like the "Pages" functionality ?
so there could be some flexibility in content.
Could HTML be added to XenPorta ?

Is the idea when I go to 8wayrun.com - I would land on the Home tab, which would be a XenPorta page ?

If .html is not possible would it be possible to "embed" a "Page" into XenPorta ?
A barebones CMS will not be available in the FIRST release, but it would be extremely easy to add in a followup.

I have also added "XenAtendo" to the lineup.

I decided to change the way my Media Library works a little bit. I need to be able to make some money, and the media library has always been free. It will continue to be free... however the free (re: lite) version will only support YOUTUBE. This of course will be fine for the majority of users. I will then sell XML packages for other hosters at $5 a piece... so people can selectively choose which hosters they want to support on their forums.

If you have anything against this change in practice... please respond as I am open to ideas, criticism and complaints.

Top Bottom