1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 Server Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Robert F Schmitz, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

I have a test account and I was going through testing permissions by changing this user's member group. I tested two groups, changed to a third and went to refresh the page. I got a 500 Internal Server Error.

Now no matter what I set this member to, I get the error when trying to view the forum.

Any ideas?

Update: Now I get the same error. Access to the cp is fine, just the site.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is there anything in the ACP error log or the apache logs?

Can you enable debug mode and see if any additional information is available?

Do you have any add-ons installed?

3. Robert F Schmitz

I will check the logs and get back to you.
    I am wondering if it has to do with add-ons myself. Access for me is fine now. Odd, almost makes me think that it is an add-on. Will report back in a bit.

4. Brogan

There have been instances of similar problems with certain add-ons before, which is why I asked.

Rob Fritz likes this.
  5. Robert F Schmitz

It must have been add-ons. I disabled all and was able to make changes and test out things without any further problems. Do you recall which add-ons were presenting issues?

6. Brogan

I think latest post was one, but I can't be certain.

7. Robert F Schmitz

I switched out my shout box programs and so far all seems good. Will know more tomorrow as more members begin to return after our short down time.