1. Click Sign Up
2. Enter a User Name/email or leave blank
3. Click Sign Up
4. Receive Error

xF error log is showing empty
PHP logging disabled by host
Server error log shows
Code:
[Tue Oct 05 20:23:41 2010] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: http://xpunge.net/xeno/

Reproduceable here.

Code:
[SIZE=6][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman]Internal Server Error[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman]The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman]Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xpunge.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman]More information about this error may be available in the server error log.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman]Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Confirmed on your forum. But it works fine on my forum.

That is a generic server error. It may be necessary to obtain the server logs from your host. The logs should contain more information.

Confirmed on your forum. But it works fine on my forum.

That is a generic server error. It may be necessary to obtain the server logs from your host. The logs should contain more information.
good call on the server error log. it shows
Code:
[Tue Oct 05 20:23:41 2010] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: http://xpunge.net/xeno/

OP edited to reflect.

My guess is either suhosin or harden php is installed, and maybe they have some weird configuration where if you have empty username then they'll suspect it as a hacking attempt, which causes things to go funny... Though, I am also seeing portions of Zend and Sabre code where they could send out HTTP 500 errors, so I don't know if they have anything to do with this particular error.

This appears to be a bug in CAPTCHA handling. Could anyone who is experiencing the issue please try to reproduce it in other CAPTCHA-controlled areas, such as the Contact Us form?

Please try redownloading the package and reinstalling. This appears to be related to the installer issues.

This appears to be a bug in CAPTCHA handling. Could anyone who is experiencing the issue please try to reproduce it in other CAPTCHA-controlled areas, such as the Contact Us form?
Contact Us page works fine. was able to send and receive the test email.

Please try redownloading the package and reinstalling. This appears to be related to the installer issues.
wipe the DB and do a fresh reinstall?

You might be able to get away with going to /install/ again and re-importing the master data (it should direct you to the upgrade area instead). But a fresh install may be cleaner.

You might be able to get away with going to /install/ again and re-importing the master data (it should direct you to the upgrade area instead). But a fresh install may be cleaner.
doing the upgrade i get
An error occurred. Please click the button below for more information.

joy, the lock wait timeout issue again.

doing the upgrade i get

joy, the lock wait timeout issue again.

The best result I got was downloading a fresh .zip
then close the live site with .htaccess so im the only one using it.
Giving it a minute, then replacing files and doing the install.

nobody is then triggering anything, and no locks seem to occur.

Top Bottom