Other $25 Clickable Thread Listing

Have you found someone to do this?
Would you mind if the solution required javascript?

Have you found someone to do this?
Would you mind if the solution required javascript?
That sounds awesome but after thinking about it, I realized that whatever is done may actually clash with the Live Threads/Live Topics type modification that sonnb will be working on soon as he's converting that over from vB3/vB4 to Xenforo. The Live Topics type modification updates the order of threads in the thread listing last time I checked, correct me if I'm wrong. But a javascript solution doesn't seem so bad as long as the thread listing can be clickable from a mobile phone. I think some phone browsers disable javascript, that's why I've been trying to do it with just html.

It's not really doable with just HTML on standard styles. Maybe on a limited mobile style it would be an option. I can do it with javascript if you like and it shouldn't cause any addon interference.

It's not really doable with just HTML on standard styles. Maybe on a limited mobile style it would be an option. I can do it with javascript if you like and it shouldn't cause any addon interference.
Okay I'mma load my paypal up and will donate if it works!

I have a few other things to get done tonight then I'll give it a go. Don't expect it to be much trouble.
Will release it for free in the resource manager.

I'll update you when I get around to it, should be done tonight.

I have a few other things to get done tonight then I'll give it a go. Don't expect it to be much trouble.
Will release it for free in the resource manager.

I'll update you when I get around to it, should be done tonight.
Thanks! and Good Luck! Several other coders have already tried.

Would you be willing to let me take a look?
It works perfectly on my test setup and looking at your site there is nothing that should prevent it from working.

You've given up on what? I don't understand what you have to lose.
I spent my time coding this in anticipation of earning $25.

I can see no reason why it would not work on your site and if it didn't then I would fix it for not a penny more.

I cannot make you do anything you don't want to, but understand it is frustrating to have my time go to waste because you have given up. That is all I'm going to say on the matter. I have removed the addon from the resource manager, I don't work for free.

Reactions: DBA
Over time I've learned to not let just anyone on the backend of my site, someone I've never talked to in my life and has no history on here that I know of creating, sharing and supporting resources. So your like an unknown quantity. That's why when I downloaded your resource, the first thing I did was look through all the files to see if there was anything suspicious and there wasn't so after I looked through them I installed it on my test board just in case and it didn't work. My test board is pretty much bare bones default xenforo 1.1.3 installation so I thought that was odd. So I decided to risk installing it on my live board and it still didn't work after which I uninstalled and deleted it from the server.

Now you can get upset if you want, I'm cool with that I'm just saying it didn't work, I try to be better-be-safe-than-sorry, not for myself but for my community's sake and I already have enough e-enemies to be suspicious.

You have every right to be suspicious, but at the end of the day it's up to you to choose who is your enemy and who is not.

Just as you were suspicious of my code, I was suspicious that I would not receive payment.. and from where I'm standing you're the one who fell short of the deal here, not me.

If this was a trust thing, I could have provided collateral. I would have even been willing to send you $15 while I look into it as a security deposit of sorts (before you even paid me a cent, mind you), or I could have worked something else out. I didn't even say I needed admin access (it's fairly likely I wouldn't have, btw) but I would have at least needed for you to install the addon so I could see where it was going wrong.

I understand your suspicion but at the end of the day all you did was screw a (decently) nice guy out of his time. And for that I will most certainly be upset, whether or not that concerns you.

That's very respectable IMO - and so I will post it up again.. if nobody uses it then of course you owe me nothing, and I apologize to you but understand it was a bit upsetting to hear.

Though (and I know you have your doubts) I would like to see this work for you.
If there's anything I can do to make that happen, let me know. Debugging probably wouldn't even require me to register on your site, if you install it and let me look at it as a guest I think I could figure it out.

If you would really rather not go through the trouble, then that is fine.. but I am willing if you are.

Oh crap that's probably what's wrong with the other addon I installed today. How embarassing. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom