• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

120 before transfering?

Deathstarr

Is there a particular reason why customers/clients of Xenforo have to wait 120 days before they even attempt to sell their License of Xenforo?

I have no use for the license at the moment and getting away from forums and have sold all my license that I owned except this one. I have owned it since May 10 2011 and waiting to sell it. I have owned it for 90 days or 3 months now.

If anyone can offer a solution please do.

Ingenious

There must be some (bad) things people might be able to do if that limit was not imposed. Maybe it opens up potential fraud, people buying a licence, transferring it immediately then charging back payment? I don't think they're trying to make life harder for you, there must be a good reason for it.

Deathstarr

There must be some (bad) things people might be able to do if that limit was not imposed. Maybe it opens up potential fraud, people buying a licence, transferring it immediately then charging back payment? I don't think they're trying to make life harder for you, there must be a good reason for it.
Lowering to 90 days would still do the same and I understand the fraud part, Im not saying take it away, just lowering it to 90 days.

Peggy

AKAIK, that stipulation is pretty common in the paid forum software market.

I don't see what difference 1 month could make.

Forsaken

IPB = unable to transfer licenses, you have to hand over the full account (unless that has changed).
vB = 90 days before you can transfer.

F

Floris

If you still want to sell it feel free to post it on xenfans.com in the marketplace, I will push it towards a full thread. I might even be interested in the license myself btw. Feel free to contact me.

That said, we respect the EULA that we sign when we get a license, which includes a 120 wait period. This is usually to avoid referrer mass-sales and fraud sales (someone buys it with stolen cc, sells it quickly to get real money, and xenforo is out of license and money, and the end-user that has it finds out the license is void due to non-payment).

Just to name a few possible examples.