1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.1 release?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by sophie1204, Jul 11, 2011.

1. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

I see that 1.0.3 was just released. What does this mean in relation to the release of 1.1? I know it was originally targeted for this summer, and I've been waiting for it to come out before I convert my vBulletin forum. Has it been pushed back?

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Still the same schedule, the release of 1.1 is on par with the release of 1.0.4:

There's a quote from Kier somewhere, but I've not found it, so Brogan's will have to be the official word on the matter!

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

erich37 likes this.
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

1.0.3 was a scheduled release.
    1.1 is also on a schedule.

Just because they released 1.0.3 doesn't mean there's now a delay on 1.1 or that it has pushed it back.

Personal opinion: the sooner you convert away from vBulletin, the better your community will be this summer.

Markos, Luke B and John like this.
  5. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

this maybe off topic, but Brogan - you are really a good mod! I am writing guidelines about good moderator techniques and linking existing topics and posts is very important for a community - it is a "web" at last.

Alien, Trombones13, principia and 2 others like this.
  6. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

I think 1.0.4 would come before 1.1
    there may be 1.0.5 too

7. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

I hope its not too long, I only need the usergroup promotions option then I can switch from VB

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

All speculation :), with how fast these guys can knock out bugs I think it really comes down to how fast they can develop the new features for 1.1. But from references from Kier, Brogan and Mike it sounds like it's coming along just dandy(more speculation:))

9. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

I wasn't aware this was only available as an add on. Yep, that's something I need, too. Hope it's coming in 1.1.

10. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

It is going to be a new feature in 1.1

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

I think that's the mentality Internet Brands has instilled on all its vBulletin customers... :rolleyes:

12. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's almost certain that 1.0.4 will be released before 1.1.0 becomes our primary stable version. Whether it will pre-date the 1.1 public beta is another matter entirely.

Floris, Insy, Darkimmortal and 4 others like this.
  13. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

google +1 don't really work
    thats why they disable this feature in xenforo.com

14. John

John Well-Known Member

Google+ isn't disabled here...

15. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

It was, I'm just testing stuff.

kkm323 likes this.
  16. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

looks like 1.0.4 is releasing today :)

Floris likes this.
  17. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Unlikely unless 1.1 beta rolls out to. ;)

18. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

19. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Where is 1.1 beta? lol

20. Floris

Floris Guest

in a sandbox