[021] Real time chat [Deleted]

It would be nice if it was possible to show a list of users that are currently using the chat, maybe even with an option to send a private message or open a separate private chat tab
The list of participants is not planned, since this chat is designed for active conversations without cluttering up with unnecessary information.
Private chat messages are supported using the /pm command.

A separate permission to view chat history would be useful
Not relevant, because there are mentions in the chat that lead to the chat history.

An option to not load existing chat messages when pening that chat would be useful
Also not planned due to the purpose of the chat. It is for active discussions, but how to delve into the discussion when you cannot read the latest messages? :)

PHP

The list of participants is not planned, since this chat is designed for active conversations without cluttering up with unnecessary information.
Private chat messages are supported using the /pm command.
Yeah, I know that this is possible - users do not know that and are complaining that they can't see who is in the chat.
It's a bit sad that this is not planned (as an option), but I think I can add that as an extension anyway :)

Regarding history:
Our users like to have a chat that behaves like a classic IRC channel (eg. without a bot) so that only those who are currently connected can see the messages that are being written.
For this usecase it does make sense for users not to be able to view the history.

One further issue:
The PID and logfile seem to be written to src, this might be problematic depending on deployment - it would be great if those locations could be configured somehow.

The PID and logfile seem to be written to src, this might be problematic depending on deployment - it would be great if those locations could be configured somehow.
A command can be added to build.json to remove these files on building

Oops it looks like users with no permissions are still able to see chat messages if they search in members postings and "Find all content by x user"

Permissions are not working as intended.

Chat messages are visible to users with no permissions to see/view/use chat.

A command can be added to build.json to remove these files on building
Hmm, those files are being written when the websocket server is started/stoppend/does have smth. to log - how would modifying the build process to remove those files change that?

Hmm, those files are being written when the websocket server is started/stoppend/does have smth. to log - how would modifying the build process to remove those files change that?
Apparently I misunderstood you. I thought you were having deployment problems due to these files being added to hashes.json. To be honest, I cannot imagine setting up the environment in which this would be a problem.

To be honest, I cannot imagine setting up the environment in which this would be a problem.
Well, it is a problem in our environment as the application-images are read-only :)

It's not the end of the day setting up overlayfs on top of that, but simply configuring the paths would IMHO be a lot cleaner.

We realy like the chat as it is but can you please take down the image with the death body's in Ukraine? When someone clicks on the copyright link in the chat, the link leads to a website with a big image of death body's. It scares people and there are also minor children on my forum who click on the link. I know it's bad what happened there but facing it this way is not the right way

We realy like the chat as it is but can you please take down the image with the death body's in Ukraine? When someone clicks on the copyright link in the chat, the link leads to a website with a big image of death body's. It scares people and there are also minor children on my forum who click on the link. I know it's bad what happened there but facing it this way is not the right way
The wrong way is what is happening now in Ukraine. Ukrainian children see the same picture, but already live, and not in the picture. It is impossible to look at it in a different way, and I deliberately added this notice so that people can see what exactly is accompanied by the war in Ukraine. Because it is impossible to understand what war is just by one word and stories. Even this image does not represent all the horrors of war. I consider it necessary to disseminate information about what is happening in my country with my friends and relatives as much as possible and as hard as possible. Because not understanding in reality what war is, many simply do not care

I agree and understand it. But I still think this is not the way to confront people unexpectedly when they visit a forum.

Can offer to move displayed messages limit to groups permissions. So guests (and robots) can see only let's say 20 messages, and registered users ex. 80.

What's the point?
To speed up loading for guests and all type of robots. Not that it's really a necessary feature, but it's definitely a good feature. I can also imagine is to be useful for staff members. I would personally setup it that way: guests (20), members (60), staff (100).

We have an error on PHP 8.1

Attachments

• photo_2022-10-03_21-23-22.webp
    photo_2022-10-03_21-23-22.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 1664826882405.webp
    1664826882405.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 26
This does not appear to work at all. Installed addon, and configured, didn't work. ran cmd "php chat_cli restart"... nothing.

Widget not showing up? Have you set permissions?
How much I've forgotten over the years. My forum was pretty much dead (still is). I actually purchased this to challenge myself. You mentioned permissions, then it clicked! That was the issue, thanks!

Reactions: 021
Top Bottom