[021] Multi-account detector [Deleted]

I'm a little surprised to see this.
  • This would seem to violate privacy legislation no matter where your forum is located or what demographic it serves in two ways:
    1. it uses fingerprinting
    2. it gets around the normal expectation that deletion of cookies means actual deletion of those cookies
  • Additionally, the recent direction of all major browsers is to block such methods for following individuals by default, so it's hard to see how this could possible be effective without mass deception.

I'm a little surprised to see this.
  • This would seem to violate privacy legislation no matter where your forum is located or what demographic it serves in two ways:
    1. it uses fingerprinting
    2. it gets around the normal expectation that deletion of cookies means actual deletion of those cookies
  • Additionally, the recent direction of all major browsers is to block such methods for following individuals by default, so it's hard to see how this could possible be effective without mass deception.
It is useful for me to avoid scammers coming back on my forum.

021 updated [BS] Multi-account detector with a new update entry:

.changes:
  • Renamed scripts
  • The multi-accounts tab in member profile has been replaced by the tabs for common fingerprints and common evercookies
  • Added permission Bypass multi-account detection
  • Added option to disable multi-account reports
Fixed:
  • Displaying one user several times in the list of multi-accounts
More about update: https://devsell.io/resources/bs-multi-account-detector.13/update/44/

Read the rest of this update entry...

.if you close a report about a user's multi-account, notifications about new user multi-accounts will not come
Hello, that wouldn't work really for us. Are you able to add an exclusion please? That would be hugely important.. If not then no worries. Thank you.

Do you plan to add something like this? On vB I'm using something that comes useful in preventing banned users to register again and again automatically (and they are real people, so no spam measures work against them).

I think you can make this add-on in pretty impressive tool eventually, as you already implemented evercookie, which is great.

Do you plan to add something like this? On vB I'm using something that comes useful in preventing banned users to register again and again automatically (and they are real people, so no spam measures work against them).

I think you can make this add-on in pretty impressive tool eventually, as you already implemented evercookie, which is great.
.this is a little pointless because banning registration only encourages people to look for workarounds. But maybe I will add such an option.

Well, people if get banned (and usually I ban those who are already banned and they create new accounts to avoid ban) soon after registration will new something tells me that they are clones of their original (and banned) account. So, this is why I would use this add-on anyway, to prevent banned users from using my forum.

Not to mention that there are people who really deserve to be banned...

Top Bottom