[021] ChatGPT Reply Assistant [Deleted]

Hello. You voiced your opinion in one thread – ok, then you came to my addons threads and voiced it there – ok. But now you downvote my add-ons not on the basis that it's a bad product, but on the basis that you don't like it, that it implements functionality that doesn't fit into your picture of the world.
Your opinion is not objectively true and it is not necessary to impose it on people at every step. People are able to analyze and choose the tools they need for themselves, so I want to ask you to remove this review if you really have nothing against the developer.

I'll reply in this thread since I can't ( and won't) change my review of your addon.

As a matter of fact, the addon as a product is what I don't like. The product that you as a developer envisioned for an infant technology such as LLMs. We must see AI as a tool that helps us thrive as humans. Not to replace us. Forums are one of the most valuable things on the internet to me and as such, I think filling a forum with AI-generated responses will only hurt your community in the long run. Sure, it looks nice and you can impress your parents but the implementation of some of your addons it's just wrong at this time. May it get better in the future? Of course. But in its current state, things are not ready for unsupervised content generation.

My reviews stay, I don't care about the downvotes.

On the other hand, your other AI-powered addon to fight spam it's a great implementation of this technology by the way 👍. Good work there.

That's enough!

If you want to debate the use of AI in a forum, post a thread in the appropriate place.
This thread is not it.

All invalid reviews have been deleted.
If you have not purchased and installed the add-on then you don't get to review it.

Further abuse of the review system will result in privileges being removed.

This actually has a lot of potentials. Set up a few specific dummy accounts and use the add-on to start, prompt, or add on to threads within the forums. Ill have to look at the costs and such of the AI beforehand, but I have seen people spend a bundle with dummy posters contracted to put content up on new forums.

Reactions: 021
I think this is a useful tool for "Q & A" type sections - not something I personally will use, but something fun none the less.
Not something I plan to use in my main forum either but I've set up a private social group where members can "Chat with AI" and ask anything they want.

Adds a little bit of fun but also might come in useful for some members :)

I like the idea above, and it could be a bit of fun for members in a private area. :)
I may have to try this out.

Is there an option to trigger this based on thread criteria ie only if last post is X days old or has X replies or is type Q&A etc
No, this add-on is not designed for automatic responses from a bot and it will not have such functions. For automatic replies, there is another add-on - Quick Reply Bot. There are no such functions either, but they may appear in the future (not yet approved)

A very annoying part of forum moderation is dealing with repetitive questions. Especially for established boards. A community can write FAQ's, extensive wiki's, have sticky threads, template replies. But it all doesn't matter. New members will keep posting the same old questions over and over. Regulars will stop bothering with it. I think that AI could be a solution to this if we could:
  1. Feed existing all posts into ChatGPT to train it.
  2. Identify posts with high reputation score OR reaction score as high quality posts.
  3. Feed the community rules into chatGPT.
  4. Let the admin set additional requirements or instructions.
  5. Let ChatGPT formulate a reply that answers the query, quotes posts from the forum and refers to the related threads.
  6. Allow a human to proof read and edit the reply.
  7. Require the member to confirm that they have vetted the text.

Last edited:
This is AMAZING! So glad I came here and searched for ChatGPT and found your recent API addons!!!

Quick question: I'm having a hard time understanding the difference between this addon and your other one: "ChatGPT Quick Reply Bot "?
(I asked ChatGPT and it said: "In summary, the main difference between the two add-ons is the level of automation and the focus of the response. The first add-on targets the first post in a thread, while the second add-on generates responses to all posts in the thread. Additionally, the second add-on provides more advanced contextual analysis to ensure that the generated responses are appropriate to the discussion.") ;)

Quick suggestion: I'd LOVE to give my community members the OPTION to receive bot replies. I'm wondering about one (or both) options:
1) When creating a thread, there would be an option for: "Do you want our bot to try and automatically answer your question?". If "yes" is selected, then the bot will reply after their first post.
2) If the bot is tagged at any point in a thread, like "@botname", then the bot activates, reads the current and last x posts, and creates a reply

This would help the community feel more "in control" over the usage of the bot as a tool vs. something always replying.

What do you think @021 ???

Thanks again for your work making this happen!!!

Quick question: I'm having a hard time understanding the difference between this addon and your other one: "ChatGPT Quick Reply Bot "?
(I asked ChatGPT and it said: "In summary, the main difference between the two add-ons is the level of automation and the focus of the response. The first add-on targets the first post in a thread, while the second add-on generates responses to all posts in the thread. Additionally, the second add-on provides more advanced contextual analysis to ensure that the generated responses are appropriate to the discussion.") ;)
Well, I have nothing to add, he provided you with correct information :D In short: Quick Reply Bot for automatic replies, Reply Bot for generating manual replies.

1) When creating a thread, there would be an option for: "Do you want our bot to try and automatically answer your question?". If "yes" is selected, then the bot will reply after their first post.
Yes, this is a planned feature.

2) If the bot is tagged at any point in a thread, like "@botname", then the bot activates, reads the current and last x posts, and creates a reply
So far, a dubious possibility. At the moment, an update is being tested that allows you to conduct a discussion using quotes.

Well, I have nothing to add, he provided you with correct information :D In short: Quick Reply Bot for automatic replies, Reply Bot for generating manual replies.
Ugh, I didn't see your video which makes it WAY more clear how this works... there's a "ChatGPT Reply" button inserted in each post!!!
1678008673417.webp

VERY interesting implementation!

I'm curious if there is any possibility and interest in having this be optionally limited to use by specific user-groups?

For example, I don't know that I want (trust) all my members to use it, but I'd like to roll it out to my moderators, see how it goes, and then potentially open it up to a few other "trusted" groups.

I'm curious if there is any possibility and interest in having this be optionally limited to use by specific user-groups?

For example, I don't know that I want (trust) all my members to use it, but I'd like to roll it out to my moderators, see how it goes, and then potentially open it up to a few other "trusted" groups.
Permissions
The permission to use ChatGPT reply is configured in the "Forum permissions" group. Permissions can be configured individually for forums
Permissions.png

Top Bottom