[021] ChatGPT Autoresponder [Deleted]

Any idea what a typical Q&A costs for the api use? I'm thinking of putting this on our forum, in a dedicated area, but not if it is going to become a huge expense.

It looks like some really good coding on the XF side.
my users have been using it all day yesterday (although it is the day of least activity on my page) and they have only spent so far 0.10 USD

I know that the new addon that is in beta has this function , but I need to create a prompt to the AI , such as creating rules for it, it would be so good to customize it to my forum.

Can you not upgrade without resetting all the permissions. IIt's a right PITA to have to redo them all.
The update does not reset permissions. Permissions were only added in version 1.3.0, which is why you need to configure them after this update.

I got this mod working roughly two hours ago. Members started figuring out how to play with it about one hour ago. Already 93 posts in the bot playpen and it's really just getting started. Fun stuff.

I got this mod working roughly two hours ago. Members started figuring out how to play with it about one hour ago. Already 93 posts in the bot playpen and it's really just getting started. Fun stuff.
I'm expecting tremendous novelty usage from communities in the beginning. I'm curious what that engagement will look like in 1-2 years, and how communities with embedded AI bots will interact with the bots.

@021 - Would it be possible to add a configuration option for this mod consisting of an optional text box where we could define some text that would be injected with each request to ChatGPT (ie. appended to any post that is sent)?

ChatGPT can format it's responses with BB Code if you ask it to, but asking to do that in every post is repetitive and not fun. If there were a text box in the options page for the mod where we could define text strings like:

please format your response with BB Code as appropriate

or

please include citations and format with BB Code as appropriate

that would be appended to every API request, that would be awesome!

Question - does the mod, or the API, have a limit on the size of a query? Ie. how many characters can a member type into a post that ChatGPT will respond to?

Would it be possible to add a configuration option for this mod consisting of an optional text box where we could define some text that would be injected with each request to ChatGPT (ie. appended to any post that is sent)?
Hello. Yes, this functionality is planned for future updates.

Question - does the mod, or the API, have a limit on the size of a query? Ie. how many characters can a member type into a post that ChatGPT will respond to?
Yes, the gpt-3.5-turbo model has a limit of 4096 tokens per request, you can read more about this model here:

You can count the number of tokens in a text here:

You can also read more information about API rate limits here:

Top Bottom