[021] ChatGPT Autoresponder [Deleted]

I nearly purchased the addon, but when notices some issue with AI when uploading a photo.
Thanks for reporting, ChatGPT 3.5 doesn't work with visual content, so attachment BB codes should be removed from messages. I will look into this issue and release a fix.

Does buying ChatGPT Plus for $20 affect the API and this Add'on?
They are completely separate.

ChatGPT Plus is just for their "wrapper/app" on top of GPT

This addon uses the API which is pay-per-use and not connected to the $20 monthly plus subscription.

What could be the reason this add-on no longer works? The Allow AI reply option is missing. But another add-on "ChatGPT Reply" just works fine.

What could be the reason this add-on no longer works? The Allow AI reply option is missing. But another add-on "ChatGPT Reply" just works fine.
Do you get errors in the control panel?
If you've updated the add-on recently, make sure you've set permissions to use the autoresponder.
Do you have Link checker by AddonsLab installed? If yes, have you updated it recently?

Do you get errors in the control panel?
If you've updated the add-on recently, make sure you've set permissions to use the autoresponder.
Do you have Link checker by AddonsLab installed? If yes, have you updated it recently?

It's the permission thing. Thanks!

Reactions: 021
Possible to implement Bing chat AI into this as an option? Via testing found it to be able to use current info rather than be limited upto 2021. Also already uses chatgpt4.

Via googling found a few repositories with info regarding the API

I would imagine within the month GPT-4 will be widespread AND some/all of the GPT / openai plugins will be available to all, including the web browsing extension. They are slowly rolling access out to plus users currently I believe.

ChatGPT forum account always have status "Offline".
How to change to "Online"?
Thank You
Unfortunately, there is no such possibility in the add-on at the moment.

Possible to implement Bing chat AI into this as an option? Via testing found it to be able to use current info rather than be limited upto 2021. Also already uses chatgpt4.

Via googling found a few repositories with info regarding the API
No, Bing does not currently provide a chat API.

No, Bing does not currently provide a chat API.
what is this?

EDIT.. REALLY pricey though.

Last edited:
what is this?

EDIT.. REALLY pricey though.

This is a third party implementation that works with the web version.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm interested to explore how much improved gpt-4 might be, but I'm wary about the difference in pricing. If I'm reading it right, the cost for using gpt-4 is 20-30x more expensive than using gpt-3.5-turbo.

Would it be possible to add a configuration option for this mod consisting of an optional text box where we could define some text that would be injected with each request to ChatGPT (ie. appended to any post that is sent)?

Hello. Yes, this functionality is planned for future updates.
Is there a timeline for this feature?

Would it be possible to add a configuration option for this mod consisting of an optional text box where we could define some text that would be injected with each request to ChatGPT (ie. appended to any post that is sent)?
Couldn't you do that by setting a regular Xenforo SIGNATURE for the virtual user who is doing the replying?
(like a legal disclaimer, explaining that it is AI and should be questioned with a critical eye, etc)

Couldn't you do that by setting a regular Xenforo SIGNATURE for the virtual user who is doing the replying?
(like a legal disclaimer, explaining that it is AI and should be questioned with a critical eye, etc)
No. I'm not looking for this proposed injection text to be displayed publicly. It's only to be appended to the (input) text sent to the ChatGPT. So, for example, if I posted a new thread for ChatGPT asking:

Why is the sky blue?

I want the mod to inject/append the following text that I would define in the mod options/ACP:

Please use BB Code where appropriate for emphasis

So the text sent to ChatGPT would be:

Why is the sky blue?

Please use BB Code where appropriate for emphasis

I already have a signature set for the ChatGPT bot's posts, but the signature text is not incorporated into quotes when replying to it.

The proposed mod could also be used to give your Chatbot a unique voice. For example, MachoManBot might use:

Please use BB Code where appropriate for emphasis and answer in the style of Macho Man Randy Savage

Top Bottom