[021] ChatGPT Autoresponder [Deleted]

That's only practical if you wish to allow only yourself and mods to use the AI.
Right now this add-on works by retrieving the response from ChatGPT and inserts into the editor. The user can then modify the content before saving it. When used with the other add-on Rusty Snippets posted then when the post is saved the user name can be overridden. Think of this add-on more as a "Suggested Response Generator" as opposed to a 'bot' responder.

If the behavior was changed to always post the ChatGPT as a different user and all users were allowed to use the option then it'd be pretty chaotic where anybody could be posting as a different user and they may or may not be changing what the ChatGPT generated response was. What possible value would that provide?

Right now this add-on works by retrieving the response from ChatGPT and inserts into the editor. The user can then modify the content before saving it. When used with the other add-on Rusty Snippets posted then when the post is saved the user name can be overridden. Think of this add-on more as a "Suggested Response Generator" as opposed to a 'bot' responder.
I'm running on little sleep, but I think you mean this addon, no? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/021-chatgpt-reply-bot.9079/

The one in this thread IS the auto-responder bot, not the reply that can be modified (like in the one above)

If the behavior was changed to always post the ChatGPT as a different user and all users were allowed to use the option then it'd be pretty chaotic where anybody could be posting as a different user and they may or may not be changing what the ChatGPT generated response was. What possible value would that provide?
I don't think anybody is requesting this. I could be wrong, but I know it's not what I'm requesting here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/021-chatgpt-reply-bot-paid.212733/post-1617369

I think what we're requesting is that the users can say: "Hey @bot can you come help with this?" and then the bot will wake-up and come reply (to the quoted text and/or the last few messages) as it's own bot account.

Again, in regards to your first paragraph, that solution is only practical for admins and maybe mods. You wouldn't want dozens or hundreds or thousands of people picking a name out of a hat for AI replies, and no way you could always get them to choose the same name. And even if you could give them the option of using only one other name (which I don't think the "post as user" addon allows (although I haven't looked in to it that much), you couldn't reliably count on them to use it. Plus, they could use that addon for all posts, couldn't they?

And why would the ChatAI addon itself have to let users post as other users? Just let the admin designate a user account for all AI responses, for both addons. Problem solved as far as that goes.

Hey, you started it with the 'tag' suggestion! 😁 But, yeah, post 37+ are really about the other addon.
Yup. It's clear that the naming convention is unclear. ;)

I'm still voting for @021 to make the names of the two addons significantly different, like:

"ChatGPT Bot AutoResponder"
and
"Reply Bot Assistant (powered by ChatGPT)"

... or similar that makes them visibly and understandably demarcated.

Just let the admin designate a user account for all AI responses, for both addons.
Two different add-ons, two different use cases. It makes zero sense to have the other add-on post as a default designated user and to be available to all user groups.

I'm not sure if it should all be one addon with tons of features, or 2, 3 or many addons?

That said, in a perfect world, here's the functionality I want from ChatGPT... basically OPTIONS for it to do one or all of the following:
  1. Check user's first xy posts for spam - with the ability to tweak the settings (current spam addon seems close)
  2. Have the bot auto-reply in specific forums, situations, etc. Bot replies as itself.
  3. Have the bot be called into service by either tagging the bot's name in a post or quote(s) or selecting a toggle: "Allow bot to reply to this comment". Bot replies as itself.

Two different add-ons, two different use cases. It makes zero sense to have the other add-on post as a default designated user and to be available to all user groups.
I already know how the addons work as is. We're discussing options we would like to have. And neither work ideally even for their narrow use cases, in my opinion, because they're too limiting. Doesn't really matter to me in the big scheme of things, though. Either he will add the options or he won't - and someone else will eventually come along who does offer them.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it should all be one addon with tons of features, or 2, 3 or many addons?

This could be at the heart of the problem. Personally, I would rather have paid $30 to $40 for one addon that combined all these features and allowed me to designate an account for AI replies.

We've bought both reply addons and are having great fun with our limit testing so far.

Added some styling to highlight our chatbot messages....

Our total costs are something like $0.06 so far

Attachments

• chatgpt0.webp
    chatgpt0.webp
    33 KB · Views: 46
  • chatgpt2.webp
    chatgpt2.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 46
  • chatgpt3.webp
    chatgpt3.webp
    60 KB · Views: 46
The ChatGPT knowledge cutoff date is September 2021 and it does not have any information beyond that date.

Is it different for the paid API? Does it have up to date knowledge?

I see that permissions are granted per node, does this mean I do not have the option to grant permissions to certain usergroups?

Is the idea that a forum doing 20,000 posts/day would see a situation where all (or a large enough % of posts) would be leveraging ChatGPT API on the input and/or output side? Wouldn't only a relatively tiny % of messages be API calls?
Yeah % of messages might not be as high but all relative. Just being wary of bill shock :)

The ChatGPT knowledge cutoff date is September 2021 and it does not have any information beyond that date.

Is it different for the paid API? Does it have up to date knowledge?
You can sort of check, ask ChatGPT versions what the latest nginx version is or some known software and it usually lists the date of the version. ChatGPT free GUI was around October 2021 when it first launched, but once ChatGPT Plus was launched, free and paid is around September 2021 for GUI at least. No idea on API version.

Top Bottom