******* - Advanced Noindex [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brivium

******* submitted a new resource:

******* - Advanced Noindex - This addon makes it amazingly easy to only display your best content to search engines.

INFORMATIONS:
This addon makes easy way to only display your best content to search engines by adding meta index tag automatically, so if a thread meets one of the criteria set, the noindex tag will be removed without any intervention. All options can be dependent upon one another for some really specific noindexing.

FEATURES:...

Read more about this resource...

I'm not sure what's happening with this add-on, but it's placement of no-index tags is completely random and seems to ignore configuration settings. When you are dealing with something as complex and serious as no-indexing threads, it needs to follow the configuration settings to a tee. Incorrect settings can be extremely damaging to a site. After two bug fix releases, this is still not a product that I can deploy. I'm hoping @******* can sort out the issues.

I'll be purchasing once the bugs are ironed out. As @cmeinck has said, got to be so careful with noindex. Get it slightly wrong and your site could disappear from search engines.

******* updated ******* - Advanced Noindex with a new update entry:

18/09/2014: Version 1.0.2

- Minor bug fixes.
- Update addon's library to fit with new privacy policies at http://*******.com/privacy-policy/

Read the rest of this update entry...

23/09/2014: Version 1.0.3

- Minor bug fixes.
- Changed to count words from all posts in thread instead of the first post only.

Very nice addon. Just purchased and seems to work perfect. Now i hope to recover from panda update because of thin content.

Would be nice to have:
  • Remove noindex URL´s from sitemap.
  • Set noindex follow to Pagination Pages of subforums: domain/forum/subforum/page-2 and so on, to only index first site, but to follow the links to the threads.
  • Set noiex to all member pages
I really like to see what happens in the next weeks and months. Actually we have 83.000 Sites in index, and i think my setting would remove about 30.000 - 40.000 of them, and they are all not the beste conten, so the quality of my site in google´s eyes would be better.

Last edited:

30/09/2014: Version 1.1.0

- Added option to set no-index to all member pages.
- Added option to no-index pages within the pages of a forum.
- Minor bug fixes.

I think you have a big problem with this addon.
As you know XenForo used on all sides canonical tags.
John Mueller from Google said you should not combine the noindex with a rel-canonical.

So your addon must delete the canonical tag on every page that it set an noindex tag. Can you make an Update?

I think if you have a noindex Tag, than it does not matter if there is an canonical Tag too.

John Mueller from Google says the opposite. So why make this Addon not the clean way and delete the canonical?
Would you get problems with Google? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom