🙄 but 🦆🦆🦆

Whilst I agree with this, it also doesn't make sense that a company with a dead product would spend many hours and expense producing a cloud system based upon said dead product...

They have used the excuse that building the cloud system used up all their resources, so we can perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt for that, however going forward there is no such excuse.

I'd say let's see how the upcoming months pan out.
I never said it's a dead product. However, there's something going on here, because development of new versions has stalled now and there's intentionally no communication from the company about the product. You gotta admit that this raises questions and worries about what's happening here.

Keeping everyone in suspense over this with zero communication isn't a nice feeling for customers, or the right way to treat them. We're already seeing customers saying that they're withholding the purchase of new licenses - and some purchase big - as they wait to see what happens next due to this issue. This situation doesn't help the company's finances or the customers and is of the company's own making.

No one said dead product.
Indeed, quite.

Probably the developers, are not aware of the XenForo roadmap. Here is what ThemeHouse writes about it
Well, you might be right, however I would expect developers to know more information about the software than customers. As said, it’s been dead for couple of years, I really love XF forums, however I will keep any future licenses purchases on hold, or looking for alternatives .

duck hunt relax GIF by Chris Timmons

But in fact the subject is derivative but what is reproached here is not to say that XF is finished but that the support forum is less active than before so the questions are less often answered and sometimes not, and this observation takes weight in light of the almost total absence of developer activity on the forum.

I certainly don't think the product is dead. They just hired a bunch of developers last year or so after 2.2 major was released. Why would they hire all these folks and then do nothing? Ok, they built cloud, and maybe that's why they were hired?

I'm also sure they are busy with the fall out of cloud support/updates/maintaining a brand new product line. Lots of unknowns pop up and need immediate action in a new product. Meanwhile, the cash cow - xf licenses - funds the activities for the growth channel.

From a business perspective, they are doing everything right to maintain and grow the business.

As customers, we will always want more. And then, people will complain that it's bloated :D But we need to realize that there's not a lot left to build. There's always 1-off features that a handful of people want, but a core feature is often challenging to validate cross-customer need.

It is a bit worrying that Mike never posts, Kier shows up once a quarter(with some good content!), Chris is here less it seems, Jeremey only posts in the developer forum once in a while, and Brogan mostly just posts ducks lately, but that doesn't mean they aren't working on the product. In fact, it may hint that they are all heads down on it instead of putting in extra effort on the boards.

Either way, we'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, enjoy your board and focus on your community.

Last edited:
It is a bit worrying that Mike never posts, Kier shows up once a quarter(with some good content!), Chris is here less it seems, Jeremey only posts in the developer forum once in a while, and Brogan mostly just posts ducks lately, but that doesn't mean they aren't working on the product. In fact, it may hint that they are all heads down on it instead of putting in extra effort on the boards.

Either way, we'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, enjoy your board and focus on your community.

This, and only this!

Top Bottom