🙄 but 🦆🦆🦆

i don't think so.

I do think so, it's about how you approach the game. (I say that with love❤️)
Just because the odds might seem against us, doesn't mean we can not overcome them. That's the beauty of it all.
Love the history and message you displayed about your site. That right there is better than youtube in itself. It's also something to build on.

I'd agree with this as well. While I'm sure it's because he's busy working behind the scenes, it's been nearly a year since we've seen any posts from @Mike, who used to post on an almost daily basis. Just seems a bit odd to go from being super active to absolutely nothing for almost a year.

That said, as it stands XF is still the best option out there so I'll continue to do what I'm going to do and hope that all is well and moving forward. It's beyond my control anyways, so no point in worrying about it, at least for me. If something goes haywire, I'll adjust and figure out what comes next for me at that time.
Yup, we all like the software and team. Part of the reason we post here is the team and not just the software. Always professional, helpful, and respectful (unlike other software forums). Glad you are not worried. For the record, I surely am. That's doesn't mean I can't pivot should they deliver such unfavorable news. And it would surely explain the silence, which simply doesn't jibe with the team we all know. Perhaps NDAs are in place. 🤷‍♂️

We have already talked a lot about it, but are forums really doomed to disappear?
Can we imagine an Internet without a forum in 10 or 20 years?
It's possible, and those who have made it their business are already thinking about the next day, but should we blame them?
I see the same thing happening with forums as with BBS's when the "interwebz" became popular. There are still a few BBS's out there, but you'd be surprised at how many of them are tied into the "interwebz" on the backend.
It's the cyclical nature of the beast.

Meme Wtf GIF

Yup, we all like the software and team. Part of the reason we post here is the team and not just the software. Always professional, helpful, and respectful (unlike other software forums). Glad you are not worried. For the record, I surely am. That's doesn't mean I can't pivot should they deliver such unfavorable news. And it would surely explain the silence, which simply doesn't jibe with the team we all know. Perhaps NDAs are in place. 🤷‍♂️

I certainly didn't mean to imply that I'm not worried. Quite the opposite, actually. Mike not even posting in nearly a year is very worrisome for me. I was semi-hopeful that he (or someone) would reply here to let us all know that we're worrying about nothing and that things are still moving forward, with this team, as always.

Anyways, even if something is happening that we don't know about yet, what can we do about it? Nothing that I know of besides just keep doing what's best for our sites. Right now that is to carry on with XF. If the team changes, or especially if XF ownership changes, that very well may (and most likely will) change.

I might say that some well know developers on here would know better the situation than us, as we can see they are keeping updating their addons, and some pushing new features.

Which is a good sign I guess. I don't think XF Team will leave developers without any road map.

I make a small premise;
I don't think at all about "likely" future changes, in XenForo. I simply don't care. When something untoward happens, I will certainly find a solution.
I am not (and would never want to be) bound for life only to XenForo. If I am here, it is that "for now" I love their software, their policy, their price, their excellence, and let me tell you, even their humanity. If anything changes the next day, I will think about it the next day. Let's be pragmatic please.

Which is a good sign I guess. I don't think XF Team will leave developers without any road map.
Probably the developers, are not aware of the XenForo roadmap. Here is what ThemeHouse writes about it:
Victoria D said:
We have no control over how the platform is built, when it is updated, how it is maintained, which of our features will be replaced by the core platform in an update, how successful the platform is or it’s trajectory. It is more apparent than ever that staying in the position we are is not a smart decision for us.

That's a good point, I hadn't even thought about how that Themehouse relationship went sour and how it could even be related.

I asked 8 questions in the last 2 weeks, none received an answer... Support is on strike?
Yes, I've noticed recently that forum support isn't what it used to be, unfortunately. Such a shame as the product is excellent and my site continues to work really smoothly. Looks like it's connected to the lack of updates and silence from the devs, including lack of activity on the forum. I hope it all comes good in the end, but I'm a bit pessimistic about it, unfortunately. I hate the suspense, especially. If they could just give us something, shed any kind of light on the current situation that would really be appreciated by the community.

I've been looking after my adopted wild ducks, so that's my excuse.
Awww, I love animals, nice one Brogan, really appreciate you looking after them. So, you're not that bad then. :p

People have dropped off. They have not put out a new major version in almost 2 years. And they are horrible with communication and road maps. True, there are no guarantees of versions when you buy the software. But there are built-in expectations. Like iPhone customers expecting a new phone every fall. Is it guaranteed? No! But if you go 2 years with no phone and no communication AT ALL do you start to worry? Um, hell yeah! Stock drops and people buy Android. So what's going on with XF?
That about sums it up. We need something to bring back confidence in the development and future of the product.

That about sums it up. We need something to bring back confidence in the development and future of the product.
Whilst I agree with this, it also doesn't make sense that a company with a dead product would spend many hours and expense producing a cloud system based upon said dead product...

They have used the excuse that building the cloud system used up all their resources, so we can perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt for that, however going forward there is no such excuse.

I'd say let's see how the upcoming months pan out.

Top Bottom