🔥 [Foro.agency] Replace smilies by HD Emojis 👍 [Deleted]

Hello! I have a clean XF 2 install (downloaded latest build 7/16/18). I downloaded your add-on, uploaded the files and installed the add-on in the admin cp.

I don't see any emoji's anywhere. I see the option to change the size, but nothing else.

My config PHP has the unicode text.

Ah, figured it out.

So I had NO smilies installed at all. I installed the Foro Agency Smilies add-on and still saw nothing.

You have to have at least 1 smilie added to your board before this add-on will work. Now I see the smilies as expected.

Thank you for making this plugin available. Just a friendly suggestion, maybe add the steps to install somewhere. Even if it's the usual thing, it's reassuring i.e. -> upload to server -> admin CP -> add-ons -> install

It'll help someone! Thanks again, my members will love it (y)

Reactions: CNK
Just added XF2 Media Gallery to my forum and the smilie's are broken. Comments on albums and single images break the emoticon drop down chooser. See screen shot.

foroagency media gallery emoticon box brake.webp

Any updates?

I noticed one smilie wasn't loading correctly - see screen shot.

Attachments

• foroagencysmilies.webp
    foroagencysmilies.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 16
Two questions before purchasing:

1) What happens to existing smilies after installing this add-on?

2) After installing this add-on, what happens when a user types:
Code:
 :)  ;) :poop:
etc? Default XF behavior is to replace those short codes with smilies.

They appear super small. Any way to increase the size? I've tried to boost the number in the ACP options, but that just increases how large the emojis look in the message box, not the actual post. Bug?

When you issue the smile action (toolbar button) there's a "Success" message showing up op top. This obviously comes from the XHR used by the addon.

1536567181263.webp

I think that the "Success" message is not needed at all because it is obvious that the request succeed otherwise the emoji selector won't be displayed. In my opinion, you should get rid of that notification message.

Far as I can tell, you have to build the reply using the message() method, so you only need to use an empty string or null to disable that redundant message.

src\addons\ForoAgency\Emojis\XF\Pub\Controller\Editor.php

Change this:
PHP:
$reply = $this->message('Success');

To this:
PHP:
$reply = $this->message(null);

Hope it helps.

Does anyone know of an add-on or script that will replace all existing smileys with emojis in an old forum with lots of posts?

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom