🔥 [Foro.Agency] Real-time Shoutbox (NodeJS & Socket.IO) [Deleted]

Strange, do you get an error in your browser console when trying to tag any other user than you ?

I have another bug to report. Thanks to Ian from themehouse, he found that I quote:
"The markup in his add-on is incorrect, Specifically, he put block-header inside of block-container, but it should be outside of it as per XF’s guidelines for the block framework. It is not causing an issue in the default theme luckily, but it is incorrect and will cause issues in other themes. "

This is actually breaking narrow mobile/responsive layouts and causing horizontal scrolling on mobile devices particularly when using the widget in standard forum list above/below nodes (full width) configuration.

Please fix in the next release.

Thanks.

I have another bug to report. Thanks to Ian from themehouse, he found that I quote:
"The markup in his add-on is incorrect, Specifically, he put block-header inside of block-container, but it should be outside of it as per XF’s guidelines for the block framework. It is not causing an issue in the default theme luckily, but it is incorrect and will cause issues in other themes. "

This is actually breaking narrow mobile/responsive layouts and causing horizontal scrolling on mobile devices particularly when using the widget in standard forum list above/below nodes (full width) configuration.

Please fix in the next release.

Thanks.
Thank you for the report, I’ll check this :)

Another suggestion for those not too familiar with node and npm, try using pm2 startup scripts instead of forever (which is in the FAQ) as they are better in almost every single way.

anyone use this add on, becouse i want buy it, want get rid out all plugin from greedy developers here who charge double license for xf1 to xf2.

anyone use this add on, becouse i want buy it, want get rid out all plugin from greedy developers here who charge double license for xf1 to xf2.

I use it. It works well but it's very basic in terms of features. I've made a number of suggestions to improve this including stuff that's available in other shoutbox type addons like archiving chats to threads periodically, alerts, auto prune, auto close/open etc but alas developer is a bit unresponsive. Hopefully that will change. As it stands it works but don't hold your breadth for features.

I use it. It works well but it's very basic in terms of features. I've made a number of suggestions to improve this including stuff that's available in other shoutbox type addons like archiving chats to threads periodically, alerts, auto prune, auto close/open etc but alas developer is a bit unresponsive. Hopefully that will change. As it stands it works but don't hold your breadth for features.
It also is the only shoutbox that has very good performance, even with 300-400 users chatting at the same time.

[F.A] Walky updated 🔥 [Foro.Agency] Real-time Shoutbox (NodeJS & Socket.IO) with a new update entry:

New features + improvements

It's been a while since the last update, so we decided to bring a nice and cool update with some new features :)

First of all, we added a custom debugging log for the Node server which will help us to detect unexpected errors. This feature is enablable through the ACP and is by default switched to off. We decided to bring this off due to [COLOR=rgb(243, 121...[/quote]

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great. Any support for integrated alerts and auto prune?
Hello,

Alerts are not a thing we thought about, this is a live chat not a thing like thread or other. Alerting users when tagged in would not be a great idea as this is live.

Auto-prune might be useful in some cases, we will take note of this.

Regards,
Walky

Hello,

Alerts are not a thing we thought about, this is a live chat not a thing like thread or other. Alerting users when tagged in would not be a great idea as this is live.

Auto-prune might be useful in some cases, we will take note of this.

Regards,
Walky

I can't get archiving to work. I have set the option, I issued a /prune command but my existing thread is not updated. Or am I misunderstanding the instructions and that archiving will only archive at cron run (even if shoutbox is pruned)?)

Also leaderboard is missing avatar pics (using generic question marks).

Last edited:
One more suggestion that I made a while back, option to open shoutbox minimized or disabled as per user preference. I'd like to show it on my forum home page but I'm sure not everyone will appreciate it so it would be great to have a toggle to disable (and re-enable) or minimize the shoutbox at the user preference level.

Top Bottom