🔥 [Foro.Agency] Real-time Shoutbox (NodeJS & Socket.IO) [Deleted]

[F.A] Walky updated 🔥 [Foro.Agency] Real-time Shoutbox (NodeJS & Socket.IO) with a new update entry:

Fixed bugs + improvements

• Fixed bug where 2 permissions were not linked to the Shoutbox (view leaderboard & report message)
  • Fixed bug when leaderboard has a high total users to display, this exceeded the box
  • Improvement: Ability to mention users in a message (no alerts)
  • Improvement: Shoutbox is now able to handle multiple concurrents...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great shoutbox, but it would be even better if there was a log for who banned and unbanned users from the shoutbox.

Socket.io is the way to go with real time chat. As a feature suggestion please add ability to archive chat periodically to a thread. For example daily thread archive of the chatbox for the whole day. Also does node have to be deployed on the same server or can I run the app remotely?

Last edited:
Great shoutbox, but it would be even better if there was a log for who banned and unbanned users from the shoutbox.
Thank you ! I take note for future versions :)

Socket.io is the way to go with real time chat. As a feature suggestion please add ability to archive chat periodically to a thread. For example daily thread archive of the chatbox for the whole day. Also does node have to be deployed on the same server or can I run the app remotely?
That would be a great idea, we’ll see how to implement this properly.
You can deploy our shoutbox by running a remote server with the app.

Thank you ! I take note for future versions :)

That would be a great idea, we’ll see how to implement this properly.
You can deploy our shoutbox by running a remote server with the app.

Great.

Another question/suggestion. Can the shoutbox be collapsed by default with a trigger button to open? Concern is as always real-estate.

Great.

Another question/suggestion. Can the shoutbox be collapsed by default with a trigger button to open? Concern is as always real-estate.
At the moment, the Shoutbox cannot be collapsed and never will be (unless I find a proper way to add an arrow somewhere in it :rolleyes:)

At the moment, the Shoutbox cannot be collapsed and never will be (unless I find a proper way to add an arrow somewhere in it :rolleyes:)

A good first step would be to widgetize it if not already a widget. I would say wrap it in container with a persistent toggle/arrow. This would effectively disable it for users that don't want to use it rather it being forced on all.

A good first step would be to widgetize it if not already a widget. I would say wrap it in container with a persistent toggle/arrow. This would effectively disable it for users that don't want to use it rather it being forced on all.
The shoutbox can actually be used as a widget with custom height. Collapse is not available right now.

The shoutbox can actually be used as a widget with custom height. Collapse is not available right now.

Thanks, I'll buy your addon nonetheless once I get my node server up and running soon just to play around. Some way to user enable/disable this would be really advantageous so will let you think about it. :)

Small bug with this. Clicking on the tag symbol for any user other than myself only puts in @ into the message box. This only happens for my Administrator user.

Last edited:
Small bug with this. Clicking on the tag symbol for any user other than myself only puts in @ into the message box. This only happens for my Administrator user.
Hello,

I cannot reproduce the bug with any user groups :(
Do you have an error in tour browser console after tagging an Administrator ?

Best regards,
Walky

Hello,

I cannot reproduce the bug with any user groups :(
Do you have an error in tour browser console after tagging an Administrator ?

Best regards,
Walky

No no it's the other way around.

As an administrator when clicking on the tag symbol I can only tag my own username in the shoutbox. Trying to tag any other user only produces the @ symbol without the username.

No no it's the other way around.

As an administrator when clicking on the tag symbol I can only tag my own username in the shoutbox. Trying to tag any other user only produces the @ symbol without the username.
Strange, do you get an error in your browser console when trying to tag any other user than you ?

Top Bottom