✔ I want to buy Xenforo - ✘ But I have some questions.

TheTr01_

Hello everybody,
I am new to Xenforo and globally to using websites.
I got really confused when I wanted to purchase Xenforo so that's why I made this theard.

My questions:

1. What is 'XenForo License', I don't understand what is it?
Do I need to purchase another hosting for my site either? Or Xenforo is the acuall hosting?

2. Do I need to pay $140 per year for Xenforo? Or it's life time, and I don't understand what 'License' mean by that.

3. What is it 'Xenforo Enhanced Search' is? I know what it does but again, is it $50 per year?

4. I don't have a site developer and I want to find a cheap one with good resutls, someone knows one?
And I really have no idea what are PHP, SPL, MySQL and all these weird words xD
So I seriously don't understand what I should order, I just want to have a main forum, global forum, voting section, shop section (not online - just a link) and a application section.

5. So in total how much about do I have to pay for a website - full year includes: Forums, Search option, Hosting and a developer.

Note: The website I'm going to make is mainly for Minecraft, so thats why I ask all these questions.
Some examples I liked:
https://hivemc.com
http://pika-network.net

I would reapply appricate any comments helping me about these questions :)

1. We only supply the software/license. You would also need to purchase a domain and hosting separately.

2. The initial license purchase is a one off payment, which includes 12 months of support and updates.After the initial 12 months, the license is still valid and you can continue to use the software, but if you wish to download new releases or access ticket support, you would need to purchase a 1 year extension, which is purely optional.

3. It is an optional add-on which provides additional search capability and functionality. It requires a VPS and typically can't be used on shared hosting.

4. You don't need to know PHP, SQL or anything else to install and use XF. Basic customisation can be done by editing templates and phrases.

5. As above, we only sell the software and official add-ons. A basic license will cost $140. Anything else (domain, hosting, third party add-ons) would be purchased from other parties.

1. We only supply the software/license. You would also need to purchase a domain and hosting separately.
2. Anything else (domain, hosting, third party add-ons) would be purchased from other parties.

1. Do you know any good hosting? I got a domain already but I'm looking for a good hosting if I get Xenforo?
2. What do you mean by parties? ('third party add-ons')

1. Do you know any good hosting? I got a domain already but I'm looking for a good hosting if I get Xenforo?
2. What do you mean by parties? ('third party add-ons')
Hosting really depends on your budget and where you want the servers located (UK, US, elsewhere). The XenForo team don't recommend hosts but you'll find several threads on here with people asking the same question and hosting suggestions being given by other XenForo users.

Third party add-ons are add-ons made by others. You'll see these in the Resources section.

Top Bottom