- Improved API call error logging to display more comprehensible errors.
- Fixed a "Sorry, that username already exists" error on automated account creation.
- Fixed an error that prevented the update available message from vanishing after updating.
- Fixed a "instance of WP_User expected, boolean given" error.
- Fixed an issue that would sort the profile views article list backwards.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent promoted articles from being automatically tagged with 'render-bb-code'.
- Fixed a "call to isPrefixValid on null" error on linking threads without nodes.
- Fixed an issue that would always render ellipsis instead of an excerpt text on featured articles.
Please be aware: This is an XLink specific update. As a result, it does not target XPress specific bugs, which will be handled in a separate update.
- The usergroup map has been replaced with a user group promotion system.
- Fixed a bug preventing the section context from automatically being set after platform creation.
- Fixed an "undefined index: platform_id" error being reported on cron jobs.
- Fixed a "file already exists at path" error appearing on API calls to remote products.
- Fixed wrong page numbering of the entity browser when the page was filtered.
Please see the documentation for how to upgrade from XPress 1.0.0 Patch Level 5 to XPress 1.1.0.
- Introduced XLink as new platform management tool
- XLink is now available for download in your ThemeHouse client area, if you’re an owner of XPress. Please be advised, that moving forward, XLink will be a requirement to run XPress.
- Find more information on XLink in our documentation.
- Introduced user group mapping
- You can now set up 1 to 1 relations for user groups from within your XLink platform manager.
- User groups are mapped from the primary XenForo user group to the WordPress role only.
- The featured article image may now be used as thread cover.
- The XPress theme now submits native WordPress comments via ajax to save a full page reload.
- A row of new functional tags has been introduced to handle different functionality:
- Tagging an article with redirect-wp will automatically redirect the XenForo thread to the WordPress post.
- Tagging an article with redirect-xf will automatically redirect the WordPress post to the XenForo thread.
- Tagging an article with bb-code allows you to use BB Codes within the article. Please be advised that this disables native Shortcode rendering and HTML rendering.
- Functional tags can be hidden from frontend display with a newly introduced style property.
- A new default prefix option has been introduced. The selected prefix will be automatically applied to all threads created by XPress that are eligible to have the selected prefix.
- User signatures can now be hidden in blog comments.
- WordPress users are now banned when their XenForo counterparts are.
- WordPress profiles may now be redirected to XenForo profiles.
- A new front page listing style “masonry” has been added.
- WordPress usernames, and biography may now be replaced with the linked XenForo accounts counterpart information.
- You are now redirected to the WordPress edit page when having the correct permission to edit the post after promoting an article.
- A number of XenForo ad positions have been added to the XPress theme.
- XPress no longer logs WordPress warnings and notices.
- Added a new front page specific Widget sidebar to the XPress theme.
- The XPress theme no longer keeps the reply box at the bottom of the comment section when replying to other comments, but moves it to the respective place when using native WordPress comments.
- An incompatibility with the Gutenberg Editor introduced in WordPress 5.0.0 has been resolved.
- Excerpts are now stripped of previously unrendered shortcodes.
- Thread excerpts are no longer rendering plain HTML.
- The comment count on the front page no longer shows an incorrect number if comment synchronization is disabled.
- Resolved a number of template errors.
- Widget titles are no longer rendering incorrectly when UTF8 characters.
- A number of other widget related issues have been resolved.
- Fixed a number of alignment issues with Default XenForo avatars in WordPress.
- Posting in a thread that is linked to a WordPress post now creates a WordPress account if the user does not already have one.
- A number of issues with hardcoded phrases in the WordPress theme have been resolved.
- The featured articles list no longer resides outside the UI.X content wrapper.
- The no sidebar page template has been fixed to actually show no sidebar.
- Resolved a number of links not being set absolute when Cross-Origin mode was enabled.
- The XenForo configuration sidebar is now visible on all installations.
- An incompatibility with Divi page builder has been resolved.
- An incompatibility with WP Bakery Page builder has been resolved.
- An incompatibility with the Visual Composer Page builder has been resolved.
- XPress/XLink administrator permissions are now working as intended.
- Resolved an issue with sub navigation items on the UI.X style not being escaped property.
- Resolved a number of deprecated function warnings for WordPress 5.0.
- The excerpt setting has been moved to style properties.
- Resolved a number of assorted issues.
- Added an option to automatically limit articles on front pages to an excerpt of user-defined length or stick with the full article (until a <-more-> link is encountered).
- Added an advanced "Cross-Origin mode", to help out with subdomain setups. Please check out the documentation for further reading.
- Fixed an issue that would result into "The link you followed has expired" pages when dealing with WP ajax requests.
- Fixed an issue that lead to an error page when the plugin or theme was being deactivated (although the deactivation still worked).
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes lead to widget saving looping infinitely.
- Fixed a "trying to get property of non-object" bug on the recent posts widget.
- Promoting a thread does now create a WordPress user account when no WordPress user account was found, instead of posting the article without an associated user.
- Avatar synchronization can now be disabled.
- XenForo dynamic avatars no longer appear broken when not using the XPress theme.
- Automatic thread creation through posting an article no longer ignores watch preferences of the creating user.
- Fixed an issue that would wrongly escape author names in some locations.
- Assorted styling fixes and improvements for Internet Explorer.
- Shortened "Edit <article title>" link to "Edit" for article overview.
- Hover text on featured items without featured images no longer appears white (and therefor unreadable).
- Dynamic avatars for the same user no longer randomly change colours throughout the page.
- Disabling the WordPress plugin while the WordPress theme is still active no longer renders the frontend unaccessible.
- Added an icon to the "Go to article" button in UI.X themes
- Fixed an issue that would link a users profile page homepage entry to the blog root when no homepage was set.
- Going from XenForo ACP to WordPress Dashboard no longer displays the WordPress login page when SSO is enabled and no existing WP session is found, but logs the user into WordPress now.
- WordPress user accounts are now deleted alongside their XenForo counterparts.
- Font awesome icons in WordPress articles/pages are no longer rendered in italic font style.
- Fixed a missing whitespace in the WordPress admin bar user dropdown.
- Fixed an issue that would render the default widget titles instead of the ones set in the XenForo configuration.
- No longer renders XenForo threads unpromotable if their WordPress articles are permanently deleted.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the XPress article option widgets to show up.
- Fixed an issue that would not prevent the first entry of both XPress widgets from being rendered.
- Fixed an issue that would double the UTC offset on some frontend timestamps.
- Fixed an issue that would show a button without icon in UI.X themes on threads associated with articles.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the dropcap letter from being rendered correctly on promoted thread articles.
- Fixed a rendering/styling issue for the recent posts widget.
- Fixed the "getting started" url displayed on the front page when no articles exist.
- Fixed a major source of incompatibility with 3rd party plugins. This fix resolves incompatibilities including, but not limited to the following plugins: Directories Pro, Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin and All in one WP Security & Firewall.
- WordPress admin bar dropdowns are no longer overlapped by the XenForo navigation.
- Resolved an error that would prevent comments from guests being posted if comment sync was on.
- Resolved an error that would prevent the subnavigation cache from being refreshed on category edit.
- Resolved an `Undefined Index: Style` error.
- WordPress registration now correctly forwards to XenForo registration if SSO is turned on.
- WordPress login does now correctly forward to XenForo login if SSO is turned on.
- Resolved an error that prevented the navigation section selection for pages being taken into account.
- Resolved a handful of deprecated function call warnings in WordPress.
- Article content no longer overflows if a word is longer than a single line in the article container.
- The front page does now correctly render author defined snippets instead of article excerpts.
- Quote, Code and Spoiler BB codes are now correctly rendered in WordPress when promoting a thread to an article.
- All media sites that are supported by WordPress are now correctly rendered when promoting a thread to an article.
- Removed superflous padding on author bits with disabled avatars.
- Removed overflowing shadowing on the front page.
- Promoting a thread to an article no longer replaces the content of the first post with an excerpt of the article.
- Password promts for passworded pages now have correct styling.
- The front page template now respects the number of articles per page WordPress setting.
- Front-page.php has been renamed to Front.php to no longer override custom front page selections. You may need to reselect it as page template if you currently use it.
- No longer shows the general blog sidebar on article view.
- The XenForo style property section now has a description.
- The WordPress theme has received an extensive cleanup, and now fully supports child themes.
- Resolved an
undefined function callerror.
- Resolved a
trying to get property of non-objecterror.
- Added two new page templates: Page (Container & Sidebar) and Page (Container), which place the page content inside of a XenForo page container.
- Added individual sidebar positions for single attachment pages and single pages with a sidebar template
- The automated update checker is now available for XPress. Entering your ThemeHouse API key in the XenForo dashboard will regularly check for updates and display you an
Update availablemessage whenever a new update for XPress is up.
- Fixed an issue with template modifications for missing or malformatted mods
- Fixed an issue that caused importers from not being listed in the importer list
- Fixed an issue that caused the administrative user bar drop-down to cut off
- Fixed an issue that caused create_function to be deprecated