XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo

XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo 1.0.0 Patch Level 5

No permission to buy ($69.95)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
Additional requirements
WordPress
License
https://www.themehouse.com/legal/licenses/premium-products
Updates duration
12 months; $39.95 yearly renewal
Visible branding
Yes, but removable without payment

XPress
An integration to bring the best blogging/content management system to XenForo and the best forum software to WordPress.

Same one design, two softwares
With a one time setup, XPress is a cost-effective, time saving tool to help make sure you're always in sync.

Sign on with either account
With single sign-on capabilities, users can sign in through either platform account. This means either XenForo or WordPress membership plugins can be used, no limitations.

Share memberships and ads, both ways
Premium content and advertisements can now be shared seamlessly between XenForo and WordPress. Set it up once and you're done.

Compatible with UI.X and UI.X Pro
Or any theme of your choosing! XPress is highly extendable and can be implemented in just a few easy steps.
Features Include:
  • Theme Synchronization
    Use your XenForo Theme(s) on WordPress
  • Widget Synchronization
    Use XenForo Widgets in WordPress and WordPress Widgets in XenForo
  • Shared Logins
    Log into WordPress with your XenForo account, including (optionally) Single Sign-On (logging into XF also logs you into WordPress automatically)
  • Unified Search
    Search through WordPress and XenForo using unified search
  • Link Previous Accounts
    Users with WordPress and XenForo accounts using the same email will automatically be linked
  • Featured Post Components
    Feature posts on your blog using WordPress tags
  • Article List Style Properties
    Easily customize the appearance of your article’s through style properties
  • Article Thread Link
    WordPress articles are posted as threads in the forum and comments/thread replies are fully synchronized
    • Includes the article excerpt on XF thread view
    • Includes a link to the thread on WP comments
    • (see thread creation chain below)
  • BB Codes for Article Comments
    WordPress comments support BB Codes and Rich Text Editor
  • XenForo avatars on WordPress
    If your XenForo and WordPress user account are linked, the XenForo avatar will be used instead of the default Gravatar
  • Leverages XenForo’s Phrase Management System For Internationalization
    Manage all languages with XenForo’s phrase system
  • Promote Thread to Article
    Generate an article based on threads posted in your community
  • Access XenForo Data in WordPress
    Including style properties, board options, and other data
  • WordPress Breadcrumb Support
    Add the WordPress breadcrumb to your XenForo site
Coming from a previous blog system?

We have an importer for the following systems, the ones crossed off are planned:

Why XPress?
XPress solves a lot of issues when bridging XenForo and WordPress. If you run content and a forum, subscriptions and benefits, community and information, opinion and organization, one to many and many to many communication channels, and more this product is the perfect way to connect two large sides of your platform.

Many platform directors struggle to keep two distributed software consistent. You have to maintain the theme and template separately which can be quite costly, to not only build but to maintain over time as well. You also need to manage two comment systems, two user accounts, two staff and usergroup levels, two subscription systems, and more. This lets you go choose your preferred tools and bridges them to the other software.

XenForo is regarded as one of the most easily customizable and powerful forum platforms on the market. And WordPress powers roughly 1 in 5 websites on the internet. Pairing them together only made sense. Please do try our demo, and see how seamless this integration truly is.

More screenshots to view on our product page here.

Related resources
Author
ThemeHouse
First release
Last update
Rating
4.89 star(s) 9 ratings

More resources from ThemeHouse

Latest updates

1. Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 5 Released

Enhancements: Added an option to automatically limit articles on front pages to an excerpt of...
  2. Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 4 Released

Bug Fixes: With certain options enabled single article view would attempt to load assets from...
  3. Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 3 Released

Bug Fixes: WordPress admin bar dropdowns are no longer overlapped by the XenForo navigation...

Latest reviews

Really great addon! ThemeHouse is definitively a trusted value! :) I use both UI.x and this addon, it took me a few hours to set it up (I had to migrate all my articles, and wanted to change the design), and it works like a charm. It's really well designed, as usual!
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Outstanding! We here at ThemeHouse are glad to hear that you are enjoying XPress along while migrating all of your articles and your design without any issues whatsoever! :) Enjoy!
Xpress is the best bridge and integration between two of the most popular softwares. Wordpress is one of the leading site builders and Xenforo is the leading forum software and the vision for this addon is genius. Beautiful display of one theme on both software placements. Unlimited potential for one site options. There are a few bugs in some portions, but Themehouse has been good in resolving these, and it is a new project and I am confident this will be perfected in time. Thanks for creating this remarkable addon as well as theme! :)
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
We couldn't agree more as we here at ThemeHouse enjoyed building on this add-on! We much appreciate your kind feedback as we made for customers like yourself and those who will become future customers of ThemeHouse! Thanks again for your feedback and let us know if we can help with anything else! Enjoy! :)
Great developers. Friendly, knowledgeable, and always working on improving their addons. I highly recommend them for the styles or addons they provide, and even do custom work, if you need.

(https://www.themehouse.com/contact/hire)
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
So happy to hear that you've enjoyed using this add-on along with working with our experienced team at ThemeHouse! Thanks so much for the recommendation as well, KensonPlays! :) Many more exciting updates to come!
I will keep this review short. This add-on is truly gold, it's a very well coded integration between XenForo and WordPress. Fast and friendly customer support. Also, I REALLY would like to see the support for different member levels and user roles. It would be nice if you're able to prioritize this feature request :-D
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Thank you for the product feedback as we are glad to hear you are enjoying XPress as well! Many thanks for your feature request as we will review it accordingly before adding it in a future release. Continue enjoying XPress and let us know if you have any questions or other feature suggestions! :)
Extremely useful add-on. Blows the competition out of the water for certain. I have a strong dislike for Wordpress when it comes to theming (as most "themes" are complex template engines that you basically need to take a class in in order to use proficiently) but this delivers the sanity of Xenforo's templates to Wordpress and takes all of that work out of setting up a decent looking blog.

My main criticism would be the way that it handles WordPress pages; the template is missing the normal text box that comes with Xenforo pages. Passworded pages don't work at all either. I'm sure this will be addressed in time though.
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the add-on and it's features! We will look into what you mentioned below before adding improvements in the next few releases for them. Let us know if you experience any other issues or have suggestions for further improvements.
I'am new to WordPress and XPress have a lot of options. Now i'am beginning to discovering the options and i love it.
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Awesome to hear that you are discovering how Wordpress works because of XPress! Thank you so much for the kind review and feedback, please continue enjoying XPress. Let us know if any questions pop up or if you experience any issues.
Never used Wordpress but installation and settings are all well documented. So without any problem started to use within 1 hours. There are still some small bugs needed to be fixed which is normal for this great product. So it is definitely right solution if you want to integrate Wordpress with XF. Many thanks for this great product Themehouse, well done.
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Sounds like you are enjoying the add-on so far as we surely did enjoy developing it. We have viewed the issues you've reported and hope to get those fixed in the next few releases! Thank you so much for your kind feedback and support!
If you know wordpress you won’t have any issue. Easy to setup, we had a small misconfigration but it is from our side :). Highly recommended
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Glad to hear that you are enjoying XPress! Thanks for recommending this add-on to other users as we hope they enjoy it as much as you and your users have! Let us know if you have any troubles as our team would be glad to help! :)
The plugin i was waiting for my site :) some very little bugs but working perfectly on my site (more then 20k wp posts). Thanks !!
ThemeHouse
ThemeHouse
Very much appreciate your kind feedback as if you experience any bugs or issues, please report them to our team on our support portal or through GitHub! Continue enjoying XPress and let us know if we can help you with anything! :)