1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer 1.3.0

WordPress and XenForo, together.

1. xfrocks
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    [bd] API 1.2+
    WordPress 3.5+
    License:
    GPLv3
    Visible Branding:
    No
    Note: This add-on is available freely for users who purchased upgrades at my site xfrocks.com, the cost here ($5) is for the one month upgrade including premium add-on download and support.

[FEATURES]
    1. Seamless user integration including cookie detection, avatar, etc.
    2. Two-way Synchronization for posts and comments with easy to use tag-forum mapping interface.
    3. Top bar supports with Alerts and Conversations real time counter.
    4. Widget: Threads.

[INSTALLATION]
    https://xfrocks.com/api-support/threads/177/
    Related Resources:

Images

1. Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 4.52.05 PM.png
    2. Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 4.52.46 PM.png
    muhyal, Warning, Walter and 3 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Adhen
    Adhen
    2/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    It synchs comments, but that is all. There are serveral bugs but the Author does not reply or fix anything. Bad support for a paid plu-gin.
  2. Stone
    Stone
    1/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    total lack of support after ordering XenForo API Consumer - multiple times tried to contact and get help and I was ignored
  3. IPF
    IPF
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    I use Wordpress as CMS and this excellent addon lets my Xenforo users post and comment on WP articles with single sign on.

Installation was very easy with detailed step by step instructions that included screenshots (a big plus). We live 1000s of miles apart and yet support was prompt and XFROCKS replied within 24 hours.

I have two feature requests-
    1. Ability to map WP categories to Forums / Subforums. I have about 1000 articles now and I have to edit each article and add tags to map them to forums. Also other authors have to be taught / reminded to add the proper tags for their articles so their articles get synced properly.

2. We map tags and forums to sync wordpress posts and forum threads. Though I would prefer all WP posts to be synced as forum threads, not all forum threads are content rich to be made into a blog post / article. If we get more control over this, it will be great.

Overall extremely with this addon. It is a steal for 5 dollars. If you have wordpress as CMS, it is a must buy.

I did not have to manually merge users or make changes to user tables in the database to match the member's WP_user_ ID and XF_user_ID. (Personally a very big plus point)

I simply posted a tutorial for my members in the member area and they were able to connect their WP and XF accounts with 3 clicks. Members are loving it.

Thanks XFROCKS for this very nice addon.
  4. def
    def
    1/5,
    It not working well. 90% of the comments are not synchronized + have some other small bugs that have bad impact on end user experience. There is none support.
  5. timetraveler
    timetraveler
    2/5,
    Works fine, but there is some minutes delay in posting forum-posted messages on wordpress linked article.
    No delay on the opposite case. Wordpress posts are immediately readable also on forum.
    To date, this is the best XF<->WP integration.
    Anyhow... no fireworks here.
    The author response is relatively fast, but no updates from march even if he admitted 2 month ago that the problem explained in this review exist and it requires fixing.

Note: product legitimately downloaded from the official website.
  6. Ranger375
    Ranger375
    1/5,
    Doesn't work for me any more. Support doesnt exist.
  7. kimchicrew
    kimchicrew
    1/5,
    Doesn't work. Even the support gave up
  8. thefreekick
    thefreekick
    5/5,
    Excellent resource. Price is even better.
  9. CountRock
    CountRock
    5/5,
    Amazing add-on. Super responsive and helpful dev.
  10. MrC
    MrC
    5/5,
    As always, 5 star!