This update is a very minor maintenance release.
As well as including the latest version of the Amazon AWS SDK (3.231.7) this is now a much smaller subset of the behemoth that is the full SDK that only includes the necessary files to access Amazon S3 services.
There is no real need to install this version if everything is working as expected.
Simply upgrading the add-on will leave remnants of the full-size Amazon AWS SDK on your file system. If you wish to avoid this, you will first of all need to take the following steps:
- Close your forum temporarily
- Comment out the
src/config.php changes to make Amazon S3 storage work (place
// at the start of each line)
- Uninstall the existing version of the add-on
- If you are running a recent version of XF 2.2 you can use the "Delete files" option in the add-on list to remove the files. Otherwise you can delete the add-on files under
- Install the latest version of the add-on
- Uncomment the aforementioned lines in
- Re-open your forum