1. 1.4
  2. 1.5
Additional requirements
php 5.4+
License
MIT Licence
Visible branding
No
Improvements to XenForo's user mentions system. This addon was a private addon 2 weeks before public release.

This addon is not designed to deal with large group memberships. This feature may be added in the future.

Features:
  • Taggable user groups.
    • Customizable icon per group (small + large).
    • Membership can be viewed on the front-end.
    • User group may be private, at which point only members can tag or view that group.
    • Permission to tag taggable groups.
    • Admin privilege to view all taggable groups.
  • User group tagging supports the following:
    • User profile posts/comments.
    • Posts/Threads.
    • Reports (if Report Improvements are installed).
    • Other types supporting XenForo's user tagging will automatically support tagging user groups, but the front-end UI for auto-completing user groups will not work.
  • Opt-in, send an email to the user who is mentioned/quoted:
    • global option to enable/disable.
    • permission to receive tagged emails.
    • configurable default for users on account creation.
    • Global option to include a snippet or all text
  • Editor integration. Copying & pasting a user group tag link is transformed into @usergroup
  • User mentions can be disabled per forum per user group
See my add-on Username Restrictions to prevent users signing up using a usergroup name.

New Permissions
  • Enable User Mentions
  • Receive Mention Alert Emails
  • Receive Quoted Alert Emails
  • Tag User Group
  • View Private Groups

Licensing

Group Icons licensed under CC Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivate 4.0
Sourced; http://www.iconarchive.com/show/sleek-xp-basic-icons-by-hopstarter/User-Group-icon.html

Installation

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade to install this addon.

Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "More Information" link.

Contributions

If you appreciate this addon, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.

Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
  • user-group-options.webp
    user-group-options.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,677
  • mention_email.webp
    mention_email.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 447
Author
Xon
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 8 ratings

More resources from Xon

Latest updates

1. 1.7.0 - Feature update

Improve support for @NixFifty's Ticket add-on Include group name when mentioned in a Ticket...
  2. 1.6.0 - Feature update

Fix user group not showing in an overlay if "Username styling for a mentioned group" is disabled...
  3. 1.5.1 - Feature update

Fix sending mentions emails from Report Comments. Support email notification for profile post...

Latest reviews

really great addon that adds some much needed additions to the default xenforo system. a must-install!
Great update with new features that improve behavior and address the need for privacy. Thanks for listening to the needs of the admins! :-)
Excellent add-on that greatly improves functionality. This makes it very easy to read a comment via email when someone tags or quotes you.
Perfect for tagging the moderator group, also the option to reviece tag alerts is something that comes in handy for myself and some other members.
Outstanding add-on. It works perfectly on an extremely large forum. Xon is responsive and tremendously capable.
This addon works perfectly on my Forum. Just updated with a fix to allow mentions also using Tapatalk.
Awesome add-on. Works great and helps users to tag the Staff or Admins for example, if they don't know anyone of that groups personally. Recommended!
working perfectly with latest bugfix, even for lots of usergroups in one post. Xon is very helpful and cares for his plugins. Simply great!
This release is a great addition to xenforo, something which I personally think should be in the core. You can tell Xon cares about the quality of his addons and what he releases.
Top Bottom