1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User map 3.2.1

View users on an interactive world map.

1. CrispinP
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    The following are needed:
    :- cURL
    :- PHP 5.3
    Single domain only. Test-site acceptable.
    Updates Duration:
    12 months
    Visible Branding:
    View users on an interactive map

This add-on allows you to view your users on an interactive map.

[New users - please take note]
    I appreciate people buying this - I really do. It goes into the beer fund and helps develop it more.
    When you do purchase it, you'll get a confirmation from PayPal but not from FetchApp. For reasons no one seems to be able to work out, FetchApp does not work for me.
    I will email the install to you within an hour or so of getting the PayPal email. Please do not open disputes with paypal within 31.5 seconds of paying. It's boring.

• Allow users to specify a specific location where their pin will be shown
    • Map Location may differ from normal profile location
    • Snazzy Maps support
    • Map location viewable on member's profile page.
    • Member message info has map icon clickable and zooms to member's location
    • Individual colour pins for different user groups
    • View member profile cards by clicking on the pins
    • Geo-encode user location from registration IP
    • Specify cluster group size (ACP)
    • Specify default zoom (ACP)
    • Specify default map center (ACP)
    • Select colour of member pins
    • Select colour of self-pin
    • Control over clustered pins or individual pins (ACP)
    • Mass-import and update of user locations
    • Much more to come

Some screenshots:

Main map view
    Main view.PNG

Customised map view

Clicking on a pin shows the user card

main - With card.PNG

Showing only those who you are following
    Main - Following.PNG

Heat map.
    Main - Heat Map.PNG

Showing individual pins:
    Main - Individual - Clustered Pins.PNG

Member's profile page:

Menu links:

Account Menu:
    link - Account Menu.PNG

Member's navigation menu
    Members Van menu link.PNG

Forum navigation menu
    Link - Nav - Forums Nav.PNG

Main navigation menu

Message user block
    Link - Nav - User Message block.PNG

Admin options
    Options - 2.PNG

Options 3.PNG

The URL to see the map is ./usermaps or .maps
    If you wanted to use another add-on for menu items then simply navigate to this.

If you wanted to view and individual user then ./usermaps?viewuser=<theirUserId>

See the FAQ for various how-tos

[APIs used] (Your server will talk to the outside world)
    Google maps API
    The geo-encoding uses the Google Maps API.

See for details: https://developers.google.com/maps/pricing-and-plans/#details

Note: mass-updates will most likely breach the free API calls and you'll have problems.

Registration IP encoding
    This is done through www.ip-api.com
    They allow 150 requests a minute. The add-on slees for 500ms between calls so cannot possibly breach that.
    Please see their other terms of use: http://ip-api.com/docs/#usage_limits

Open source software used in this add-on:
    Google Maps
    Various members who patiently helped find bugs and feature suggestions

Support will be given as quick as possible. Normally within a day or two. I work full time, I have a family and I do occasionally go on holiday - sometimes I won't answer you as quick as you would like. Be polite, I'll certainly get to helping you.

[Continued development]
    I will continue to grow this add-on. There are many features I want to add to it as I get time. I use it on my own sites so it will happen.
    If you have ideas, feedback and suggestions, do let me know. Some I can act on quickly, some may take a bit of time. I will note them all.

Using the mass-update with registration IP might upset some people. It will grab their location based on where they registered from. If they wanted to remain publicly anonymous then this would not be cool.
    I accept no liability for anything bad.

[Be kind]
    This is my first paid-for add-on. We all learn. Be an idiot and I'll give you your money back and walk away. I've no time for whiners. having said that, I will do my utmost to help out. I hate paying for sub-standard things.

I accept non. This add-on is provided without warranty, liability and damages. You, as an admin, enable this software, you know what it does. It's yours :)

The intention behind this has been with good intent. If I have screwed something up with the opensource distribution or APIs - it was not on purpose. Let's talk.

Enjoy -

Happy to talk.

Check out my other free add-ons for more cool features.

Related Resources:
    Xenforo resources:
    • None

1. Options - 1.PNG
    2. upload_2016-7-29_22-48-44.png
    Cyb3r, Pauly, CoZmicShReddeR and 2 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. CoZmicShReddeR
    Version: 3.0.1
    Great App and Support! Didn't expect it to keep getting better! Only issue I had was with the Google Maps API with Secure Sockets Layer and offered the Developer a few extra beer bucks to hop on my server to fix it for me! He explained everything in full detail about what he did!
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. Happy to help when things don't work.
  2. PyroM
    Version: 3.0
    One of the best supported add-ons on XF I know. First version already had everything what other map add-ons have, now in version 3 it's just full of features, works like a charm and author responses quickly. Starting with the Google Map keys seems a little tricky but help of community and author is great. Will import all 3000 users from vB "Membermap by Vossi" into this map, which is much, much better and more comfortable. Really great add-on - get it!
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. :) I'll help out with the import of your old map.
  3. Freelancer
    Version: 3.0
    Version 3.0 now includes features that are unique here at XF: Google Map styling and customization – on top of the previously included custom pin feature for user groups – plus many more. Highly recommended.
  4. viktorlantos
    Version: 2.9
    We replaced an earlier map service to use this one. Since almost all Map add-ons are forgotten or left behind, i was glad to see there's a new star on the sky who continuously develop this highly demanding feature. The current version 2.9 is pretty good on features and we received blazing fast help to our support request over the weekend! Highly recommended thingie :) Keep up the good work Crispin
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. :)
  5. ichpen
    Version: 2.5.1
    Finally a user map addon that actually does what it says on the tin. Solid functionality and the author appears to be very active and quick to respond which to me is the most important aspect of any XF addon.
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
  6. Pauly
    Version: 2.5.1
    Installed, entered map APIs and its works, simple as that
    All the minor issues seem to have been ironed out now hope my members like it
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
      Thanks. Teething issues will always exist :( (really, I know they will.) but we'll endeavor to keep them quashed...
  7. Freelancer
    Version: 2.3
    Started small, with some issues but the developer forced his way through and now the add-on has evolved and is getting better with every version. The features are great and extending too. I absolutely recommend supporting the developer as he is very responsive and zealous to fix issues – so you should go and buy a license.
    1. CrispinP
  8. Blairvoyach
    Version: 2.2
    Once you have configured the Google cloud API's, this member map works really well. Lots of options, ongoing development and excellent backup from both forum members and the author. Very slick!
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
      thanks for that. It'll get better and better as we go with great ideas from patient users.
  9. Mouth
    Version: 1.8
    Great addon. Developer is responsive and listens to ideas and bugs. Excellent way of showing your members location on a map.
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
      Thanks. :)
  10. DieselMinded
    Version: 1.6
    can't even download the add-on, instructions are horrible, add on doesn't even work and causing many database errors, do you do refunds?
    1. CrispinP
      Author's Response
      Bit of a hissy fit? You know I'm working to fix the bugs. A lot of the problems are unique to your installation.

Nonetheless, we're working through the issues. How about reviewing the rating?