TPU: Show Warning when bumping Old Threads

Unmaintained TPU: Show Warning when bumping Old Threads 1.0.2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.4
Visible branding
No
This addon will display a warning when trying to reply to old threads.
The warning can be be bypassed by checking a checkbox.
No database changes, threads will not be set to "locked".

The age cutoff defaults to 1 year, but can be adjusted via options.
  • Capture4225.webp
    Capture4225.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,655
  • Capture4226.webp
    Capture4226.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 871
Author
W1zzard
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from W1zzard

Latest updates

1. Fix but that disallows editing of old posts

- Fixed a bug that would show the "this post is too old" warning, when merely editing an...
  2. Performance Improvements and Fully Phrased

- Significant improvement to performance - Everything fully phrased Thanks Xon for help with...

Latest reviews

This is such an essential add-on, to get users to 'notice' before they reply to just any thread. I re-worded our notice to read:

This thread is more than x years old.
So, previous particpants may no longer be on the board at this time. If it dealt with 'current' events, it no longer requires further comment.
If not though, FEEL FREE to reply and bring the thread back into active discussion.

To date, we have not had a single-thread brought back into live discussion by accident. This just works!
Works perfect! This has definitely curved the problem of necro posting on my forums! Thanks for sharing!

(I need more charactersssssssssssssssssssss)
Very useful for discouraging meaningless necroposting on my 15+ year old forums. It works well, I haven't seen any problems. Thank you for sharing this resource.
I am really enjoying this add-on. The way it looks is much much better than the similar ones I have used before. Also, kudos for not having any visible branding! I highly recommend it!
Top Bottom