If you still using this add-on, please do not upgrade. First, remove old version (remember to you added manual code in forum_list template remove it too) and install this add-on again. Because there are a few changes.
-Minor bugs fixes.
-Added automatic template modification.
-All add-on folders/files has been moved to the Eagle folder now.
Version 1.0.3 now released.
I have fixed a bug here you go this post.
Now added forum ID's to exclude certain forums. Request post here.
Removed old template and files. If you changed any things, please first back up and reset it to build new version.
Now all separate comma options (1,2,3) works fine. In fact, I've had that issue a few times as well however problem solved now.
Please remember to <xen:include template="top_thread_starters" />
I've tested it and it is really good and stable with XenForo 1.2 version.
If you're still using XenForo 1.1.x then no need to update.
Here's the list of fixes/features added in the new version of add-on;
-Some bugs has been fixed.
-Avatar Mode (this option to display top thread starters with avatars)
-User ID's to exclude (user ID's to exclude, this should be used to stop user showing)
-User group ID's to exclude (user group ID's to exclude, this should be used to stop user group showing)