1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] WikiPosts 1.0.5

Allow threads to be marked as a Wiki

1. ThemeHouse
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    PHP 5.3.0
    License:
    https://www.themehouse.com/terms/paid
    Updates Duration:
    12 months, $5 updates
    Visible Branding:
    Yes, but removable with payment
    [TH] WikiPosts - A ThemeHouse add-on, enhancing your community experience.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Description

This add-on allows users to mark a thread as a "WikiPost" giving the ability to edit the original post in a thread to any user with the required permissions.

Features

• Mark threads as "WikiPost"
    • Set group permissions for WikiPosts
    • Allow any user (with required permissions) to edit thread
    • Admins or thread authors able to mark threads as "WikiPost"
    Questions?

If you have any questions regarding this add-on feature please do not hesitate to ask in the discussion thread.

[​IMG]

We hope the following screenshots will give an insight into how [TH] WikiPosts can benefit your community:

forum_edit.png wikipost.png wikipost_thread_tools.png
    Methodical likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.0.5 Released

Recent Reviews

1. Mystinen Metsätyömies
    Mystinen Metsätyömies
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0.4
    I purchased and installed this add-on. We use this in our association for collaboration when we need to produce various documents.

It was quite easy to install and configure. It is just proper for our use, it has everything we need, but no unneccessary features.

However, it has a little flaw or undocumented feature. Default installation adds a tab in the lower navigation bar. Via that tab even users without proper user rights can see the headlines of the WikiPosts. Just the headlines, not the actual posts.

As an association, we have many user right levels on our forum, so that little security hole was a uncomfortable surprise.

I had to comment out everything in adwikipost_navigation_tabs_forums -template to hide that "bleeding". I am far from an expert so it was mostly a good guess that I could do that.

That should be an easily configurable option without any need to edit templates. With that update I am willing to give five stars.