1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] Sub-Accounts 1.2.1

Allow your users to create sub-accounts

1. ThemeHouse
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Updates Duration:
    12 months, $5 updates
    Visible Branding:
    Yes, but removable with payment
    [TH] Sub-Accounts - A ThemeHouse add-on, enhancing your community experience.

This add-on adds the ability for your users to create new sub-accounts or request that existing accounts by added as sub-accounts of their account.

• Create sub-accounts or set existing accounts as sub-accounts
    • Create multiple accounts for one user without multiple email addresses/passwords
    • Great for roleplaying/character-based sites where multiple identities are expected
    • Admins can edit sub-accounts or parent accounts from ACP
    • Admins can set specific user groups for all sub-accounts
    • Inherit user groups option

If you have any questions regarding this add-on feature please do not hesitate to ask in the discussion thread.

We hope the following screenshots will give an insight into how [TH] Sub-Accounts can benefit your community:

upload_2014-5-1_13-4-17.png 2.png subaccounts.png

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.2.1 Released
  2. Version 1.2.0 Released
  3. Version 1.1.1a released

Recent Reviews

1. Gossamer
    Version: 1.2.1
    Great add-on and a must have for roleplay forums. The recent updates fixed the large bugs previously plaguing the add-on, so the automatic usergroup and parent account inheritance features now work very well and without causing unwanted side effects.
  2. Tefka
    Version: 1.1.1a
    3 stars because while it gives the ability to create sub-accounts, from an administrative point of view, this mod is a mess. It doesn't properly apply secondary groups and like the review before me says, usergroup inheritence seems inconsistent and random at best.

I've put hours into troubleshooting why, because being able to apply usergroups to subaccounts upon its creation is probably the single most important aspect of creating subaccounts. I want my users to know, when looking at a subaccount, that it's a subaccount without knowing who it belongs to.

Other quality of life improvements could stand to push this add-on into AAA status, such as rolling the sub-account alerts into this mod (why are they separate?), providing better explanation for features (I still don't know how the alias feature works, or what it does), and providing more options (removing the password boxes from subaccount creation, automatic-refresh after subaccount creation because the subaccounts don't immediately show up, etc.)

Awesome concept, average execution, poor longevity for a production environment.